Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Odd girl out

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM
  • 4 Replies
There is a girl on my daughters dance team that seems a bit high strung. She often screams and has temper tantrums and I've seen her hit her mother. The girls are all 11-12 on the team btw.
The team often has parties or outings together. The high strung girl has had outbursts and is no longer invited. I haven't been hosting things as i just had a baby so i haven't been a part of the decision to exclude her.
Yesterday there was a large Bday party and every member of the team went, including girls that were on the team last year but not this year. Only the girl in question was not included.
We had a practice today and of course this girl found out. Had i known she was the only one not invited my daughter would not have gone. Now it's too late and this child is very sad and upset. Who wouldn't be???
Should i talk to the other moms and let them know how i feel about excluding this girl? Should i talk to the mom, who isn't my friend but i went to high school with, and explain the issue in hopes she can work with her daughter?
The girl is not special ed as I'm in the special ed dept at her school and i would know if she was even being evaluated.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

How terribly sad about the child. :(   I feel badly for her. She sounds as though she needs help.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats tough! Why don't any other moms speak to her mother?! It seems unfair. Yet understable if she is being high strung and throwing fits.
I think you should talk to the mom of the girl,find out what's going on with the girl?!
The other ladies seem to have their minds made up but maybe if you do something you can invite her and not let them know or have your daughter spend one on one with her. If she likes her?
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
I would, i wouldnt allow that one child is always left out. Its just not fair and very hurtful. I would talk to the other moms. More importantly id ask my daughter to invite that poor girl over as often as she could and go out of my way to be nice to her.
withsecond
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Well, if she acts like that then I don't blame people for not inviting her. Maybe she'll reevaluate her behavior?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN