Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poptarts for Lunch?!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 34 Replies

Would you pack your kids poptarts for their main lunch course? My friend said that is what she is making her kids eat for lunch all week because she doesn't want to make them sandwhiches! Would you do this to your kids? To me being a parent means putting your kids needs above your own laziness. I may seem harsh, but honestly it's not the first time she's done this sort of thing. But to each their own I guess..

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
No i would not. My kids get sandwiches, chips and some type of fruit for lunch. They are growing and are hungry constantly a pop tart would not fill them up. Technically she could get in trouble doing this by law a sandwhich is considered a meal. IMO A pop tart is a snack not no meal!
gcstar42
by Shara on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM
No. I have let them have them occasionally for breakfast or a snack, but definitely not every day.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM

No, it isn't a healthy meal. The sugar and simple carbs will burn off fast, leaving the child listless in the afternoon. She would do better to put in a handful of nuts or some cheese and crackers if she doesn't want to put a sandwich together. Or even put out the PB and J and tell the kids to make their own.

SpiritFortress
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM

No, I would not. Gross. They're not nutritious. 

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I personally wouldn't.

_abeauty92
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
No way.
DD has a pop tart in rare occasions as a snack or treat type thing.

I always give her something like Mac & Cheese , or a Sandwhich with , fruit and juice ....

She's 2 ! I can't imagine a child being satisfied with a sugary pop tart .
withsecond
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
No, I wouldn't. How lazy and selfish of her. I'm sure she's not eating a poptart for lunch.
momofthreenuts
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Wow poptarts for lunch... yeah I agree that is a snack or treat. Lol my kids would die
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:04 PM
No. That is unhealthy and packed with sugar and my kid would still be starving after that. The entire rest of the school day would be ruined
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM
I will let my kids eat poptarts with breakfast on occasion, but never as a meal.

Then again I do weird meals that I am sure people would complain about. I make my kids "snackables" which is just a mix of a bunch of things I consider snacks. Things like cheese and crackers, fruit snacks, carrots, grapes, bananas, peanut butter on crackers, goldfish, celery, snap peas, etc. So instead of a sandwich they just get a bunch of snack items. They like it and they are still eating healthy items so whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)