Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ghostbusters' Actor Harold Ramis Dies at 69

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 4 Replies

Harold Ramis (Corey Sipkin/NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images)

Harold Ramis, best known for appearing in "Ghostbusters" and directing comedic films "Groundhog Day," "National Lampoon's Vacation," and "Caddyshack," died at the age of 69 early Monday.

Ramis died from complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, which is a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels, according to his wife Erica Mann (via the Chicago Tribune).

A Chicago native, Ramis moved back to his hometown area with his family in 1996. "I feel like I represent the city in a certain way," he said.

In 2010 Ramis began having health problems following an infection that ultimately caused his rare condition.

A true comedy Renaissance man, Ramis was a powerful influence in his field, writing the 1978 classic "Animal House," writing and appearing in the 1984 hit "Ghostbusters," writing and directing the 1999's award winning "Analyze This" (and the 2002 followup "Analyze That").

Ramis leaves behind his wife, Erica Mann, and three children.

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:25 PM

RIP Mr. Ramis.   He was perfect in Ghostbusters!  Analyze This is one of my favorite movies, I didn't know that he wrote and directed this!  Animal House is a classic. :)

skittlebeans88
by Traci on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:27 PM
He had a role in orange county and he was hilarious. Rip
withsecond
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Awww, I'll have to go watch Ghostbusters in honor of him :)
nelliosmom
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM
No way! I am so saddened by that now :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)