Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

pull ups at 7 1/2???

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:51 AM
  • 21 Replies
my ss10 has a friend who comes over on a pretty regular basis. he will sometime s bring his younger brother with him. I don't mind they are well behaved kids, . anywhoo my ss tells me that his friend says something about his brother wearing pull ups. I don't know how it came up, but ss asks me if its nornal. I guess his friend told him and he said it was weird to wear diapers that long, he offended his friend and he said alot of kids wear pull ups that long. he was defending his brother.I told him that im not sure if its "normal" all kids are different. so got me thinking.. IS it normal? I only have a dd2 and my ss were both potty trained when I entered their lives, im only starting potty training and omg its hard, so I honestly don't know. what do you ladies think?
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
withsecond
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM
2 moms liked this
It's not normal for a healthy 7 year old to wear them during the day. I could see for nighttime but not wearing them as underwear during the day.
CrunchMaMaBear
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM
as far as I know there is NO medical reason, I talk to the mom all thw time, I think she would have shared it with me as we are close because I watch the kids alot
CrunchMaMaBear
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM
I think its only at night, I never seen them when I watch him,

Quoting withsecond: It's not normal for a healthy 7 year old to wear them during the day. I could see for nighttime but not wearing them as underwear during the day.
Queenme101
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:59 AM
My son is ten and has to wear pull-ups due to major health issues. And you know what? I don't feel the need to tell every " friend " or acquaintance why he needs them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM
I don't see anything wrong with them at night. My dd2 is six next month and still has nighttime accidents so she wears pull ups.
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM
My brother has a friend who had to wear pull ups at night until he was pretty old, like 10, for bedwetting. It is actually really common in boys, like one in ten that they will wet the bed at night.

Imo, you should have your son apologize to the friend for offending him and tell him everyone is different but that doesn't make him not normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
withsecond
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Oh ok. Then in that case, he may just not be able to wake himself up or has a small bladder.
I would just tell my son not to pick on him for it. Some kids do wear them just at night.

Quoting CrunchMaMaBear: I think its only at night, I never seen them when I watch him,

Quoting withsecond: It's not normal for a healthy 7 year old to wear them during the day. I could see for nighttime but not wearing them as underwear during the day.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Maybe he has bladder issues and cant hild in pee. My ds 12 just quiy peeing the bed. The medication he was on for his ADD was making him sleep like a rock and he couldnt feel his bladder was full. Its a possibility it xould be something similar. It does happen. Id just tell your ss to not bring it up again since it bothered his friend so much.
CrunchMaMaBear
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM
thanks for insight. I had NO idea. and I did tell him to say sorry, it was a rude comment. yes true she doesn't need to tell me anything personal about her child
sam12796
by Sandy on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Maybe he has some medical condition? I think it best not to judge others. Since the older brother doesn't wear them I would guess there is an underlying issue. My youngest is almost 5 and wears them to bed at night only. She has a tiny bladder and can not hold it and no matter the time I cut her liquids off she has accidents. I don't make a big deal of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN