Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What if being man or woman, is just a way of coping with your womanhood?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

Today I looked at one of my male co-workers, and I saw the woman in him. Has that ever happened to you? I just can't think of any other way to describe it.

And it struck me that I might have had male-ness all wrong for a long time.

Males feel the same in the end... It just takes them much longer to realize that they are women, for obvious reasons.

Then I suddenly felt terrible, for having treated many men in my life, as if they were impenetrable.

Yes? Anyone? It was a strange moment. Faded away, as I started thinking about work again...

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
withsecond
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:13 PM
What?
lburgler
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Oh nevermind! I was just talking about womanhood as an ur-metaphor for being human. About the dual nature of any archetypal authority figure, the dual nature of any nurturing figure (i.e. the castrating mother can do just as well laying down the law as an authoritative father figure, and love and vice versa); these things show that each type has constituents and counterparts in the other. Man and woman is neither merely man nor merely woman, but rather a gradient, of sorts. And I saw the woman in him. The person who knows that she can win, but passes through cocky bravado-whatever you wanna call it-maleness, into womanhood. As a woman, aware of her womanhood, she knows she can win, but she also knows she needs to take it, i.e., a woman knows she laid the lord down as if he had always already been there, and that's how she's going to take him.

...Anyway...right?  yyyyyeah. I think that's what you're thinking. Anyone else out there? Anybody alive out there? Can anyone hear me? Uhhg, I need to watch Titanic again soon. It's been way too long.

Ciao lady beeches!

MelindaRamirez
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Lost you on the last part there. Gender is a construct and it is interesting to see someone drifting into the other end of the spectrum.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Yes  I have seen people "swerve"into the other gender at times.  It is no big deal since we are all humans in the end.  Each person has all the same hormones just different levels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)