Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

thrush

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM
  • 18 Replies
My baby is 3 weeks old and has milk built up.on his tongue and people say if I dont get it off he will get thrush....what do I do to get it off?
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Rub gently with a wet soft washcloth.  You should be rubbing his gums after most meals.  Thrush will not be caused by it .  It is a yeast infection of the mouth not a milk build up cause.   Talk to your doctor more about oral health for newborns and infants.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

This
Thrush is a yeast infection.  I'd definitely talk to his doctor during his well baby check up on oral health and the causes of Thrush.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Rub gently with a wet soft washcloth.  You should be rubbing his gums after most meals.  Thrush will not be caused by it .  It is a yeast infection of the mouth not a milk build up cause.   Talk to your doctor more about oral health for newborns and infants.

pinklovesnore
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM
They have "baby toothbrushes" and paste, it's a lil piece of silicone you put on your finger and softly brush their mouth with it.
Like other posters have said thrush is a yeast infection. Baby will usually develope white spots in their mouth and have diaper rash along with it.
Just make sure you wash baby's bottles real good after each use, and don't give baby milk that's been sitting to long, it can cause bacteria buildup which could lead to thrush.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM
your baby has thrush likely. its common. a yeast infection. see a dr ir go to a minute clinic.
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If you are breastfeeding chances are you both have thrush. You'll need to treat it.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

JaylensMommy6
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I'm bottle feeding and when I try to wipe his mouth out he won't open his mouth wipe enough because it towards the back of his tongue. How do I handle this?
JasmineA2
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Cant get thrush from milk build up, thrush is a yeast infection in the mouth. My daughter battled it for awhile abd uts wasnt from milk. Its from tge burth canal. It completely normal in babies.
dritchie
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM
I'd try wiping off with a cloth and if it does not come off easily take baby to the doctor.
JasmineA2
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Thats what I did for my daughter, ut wouldny come off and it got bad. I herd uts painful and my daughter wiuldny eat cayse it hurt. She only weighed 8 pounds at 3 months cause ofvit. Sge was put on 2 diffrent medicines for it. Goid luck at the doctirs and its commen in babies so dont worry so much.

Quoting dritchie: I'd try wiping off with a cloth and if it does not come off easily take baby to the doctor.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM
This! And CONGRATS!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)