Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need help

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am not very good at budgeting money.

Does anyone have any tips?

Also I need tips on how to organize.

Chelsie Thurman :)

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ChelsieThurman
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:41 PM

BUMP!

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM

For budgetting, I would recommend Dave Ramsey. He has helped us.

As for organizing, I find a lot of great ideas on pinterest.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep a journal of everything you spend your money on for one month.  Even GUM.  At the end of the month make a chart.  How much is spent on bills (how much of that is interest).  What do you spend on food, entertainment, beer, etc.  I was shocked to find out that I was spending as much on going out to eat each month as I was paying on all of my utilities, my car payment and school lunches combined.  

Each month you need to pay your bills (hopefully) and try to pay off the credit cards ASAP.  Then you need to pay yourself.  Put 1/2 of all your money that is left over after bills into a savings account.   You should have a goal of at least 1 years worth of bill money saved up, we have 3 years not including investments and retirement but we are older than you.  

Whatever is left is your disposable income. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Dave Ramsey is always a good program to look into, but you might get some advice from other moms on the Frugalistas group.

***Check out The Marketplace!***

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 10:48 AM

You have to dicipline yourself and only spend what you have to spend. I had to make changes when we first got married, by cutting cards and only using cash. I would pay bills first. Anything left over went to a savings. When I got 3 months worth of paying bills in savings, I then felt we could spend from time to time. Things have gotten better as we got older and our incomes have risen!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)