Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ready to get rid of my baby fat ( pills ? foods ? workout?)

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:22 AM
  • 27 Replies

i gained more weight then i wanted to and im ready and able to start losing weight i was thinking about taking some diet pills to help it bc losing weight has always been hard for me ... anyone taken hydro cut or any other ones ?? work out plains that work or good foods that dont have me begging for chocolate ?

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Well, I know your problem. You HAVE to eat. Period. You cannot go to the gym and workout and not fuel your body. Pulling weights might relax you, but you are doing more harm to your body than good since you are not building muscle at all. In fact, you can lift all day long, but if you are not eating a minimum of 1200-1300 calories per day ( which depending on your BMR you probably need more) you are losing muscle and your body is storing fat for future use. 

By not eating, you are also going to end up teaching your daughter this is an okay behavior. It might not be intentional, but you have to remember that they emulate everything that we do. In order to teach our children ( especially our girls- I have 2 of them myself), we have to model healthy eating habits..this means, eating several times per day and eating lean proteins, tons of produce and making sure we drink plenty of water.

Pills don't teach you anything. They harm you. There are many side effects to taking pills-they can damage your heart, liver, and kidneys. You have to decide if it is worth possibly harming your organs and shortening your life to try and take the "easy" way out or whether you want to make a change to your life by doing this in a healthy manner- eating often and well in addition to working out. 

Exercise: How long are you working  out when you go to the gym? It is not any more beneficial to your body to workout for excessive lengths of time. I workout for 2 hours 4-5x per week.  The only time that changes is if I'm training for a long race and my runs are really excessive. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Moderation is key.   Dark chocolate is ok in moderation and it even has health benefits.   Drink lots of water not sugar filled sodas or diet beverages (even worse than sugar).  Look for whole grains -brown rice,  whole wheat pasta, multi grain breads etc.   Lots of fresh veggies and if you need to use canned, rinse off all the liquid that the veggies were sitting in for canning process.  

What is your level of fitness?   At our house since my guy is constantly in pain, we do walks around stores during bad weather and walks around our neighborhood in the nicer weather.    

How old is your baby?  Have you tried weight watchers or jenny?  Those would be safer than pills since it is a lifestyle change, not a pill that harms body.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Pills and "diets" don't really teach you how to eat properly. Also as soon as you stop taking the pills or go off of the diet, you will gain the weight back and then some.

You need to take a good look at what you're putting into your mouth. Stop all junk food, white foods (white bread, pasta, rice, etc) and switch to whole grains. The more whole and raw the food is the better it is for you. When going grocery shopping, try to stay on the outer edge if the store since almost everything else in the middle is processed foods.

No more soda (even sugar free stuff). Drink water. If you get bored with regular water, slice up some fruit or cucumbers and put in a pitcher of water and let it sit for an hour, then drink it. It adds a bit of flavor to plain water, yet it's still good for you.
ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:04 AM

so unlike a lot of people i dont like junk ..... my prob is that i barley ever eat ! i eat like once every 2 days not like im starving or anything i just get really busy and dont have an intrest in eating ,,,,,,, i go to the gym 5 times a day i like weights they lower my stress and i have a 16m old daughter so i run after her alot but i just know the one pills say just for womnan bc unlike men its harder for us to lose weight .......

Kathy980
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Ladytweet,

I recently lost 30 pounds without starving myself or excessive exercise but without pills. Please don't take diet pills. Please go to yourhealthlife.co and see my website where I recently became a health coach with a fabulous program. I did it and you can too!  

Take Care,

Kathy

ambard3
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I am a beachbody Coach and I would love to help you reach your goal. My youngest is almost 4 months so I am doing a group challenge on Facebook right now. Would you be interested? It's completely free! It's a bunch of ladies and myself doing the same thing, trying to lose weight/tone up. We are all there to motivate, give advice, recipes, etc. Let me know I would love to help you!
ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:38 AM

omg yes ambard i would love that ....... more recipes hopfully food wont get boring 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:01 AM

You definitely need to eat more.  Any ideas why you do not have an appetite?  That would worry me more than having extra weight.

saraface5383
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:03 AM
No pills. Eat right, good healthy food. And exercise. Once you start exercising and seeing results you will love it!
Kalisaturn
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I actually lost a lot of weight during pregnancy by going gluten-free.  Bread, pasta, bagels, etc. can add a lot of weight!  Just eat healthier.  Lots and lots of vegetables (not fried) :)

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I know your problem. You HAVE to eat. Period. You cannot go to the gym and workout and not fuel your body. Pulling weights might relax you, but you are doing more harm to your body than good since you are not building muscle at all. In fact, you can lift all day long, but if you are not eating a minimum of 1200-1300 calories per day ( which depending on your BMR you probably need more) you are losing muscle and your body is storing fat for future use. 

By not eating, you are also going to end up teaching your daughter this is an okay behavior. It might not be intentional, but you have to remember that they emulate everything that we do. In order to teach our children ( especially our girls- I have 2 of them myself), we have to model healthy eating habits..this means, eating several times per day and eating lean proteins, tons of produce and making sure we drink plenty of water.

Pills don't teach you anything. They harm you. There are many side effects to taking pills-they can damage your heart, liver, and kidneys. You have to decide if it is worth possibly harming your organs and shortening your life to try and take the "easy" way out or whether you want to make a change to your life by doing this in a healthy manner- eating often and well in addition to working out. 

Exercise: How long are you working  out when you go to the gym? It is not any more beneficial to your body to workout for excessive lengths of time. I workout for 2 hours 4-5x per week.  The only time that changes is if I'm training for a long race and my runs are really excessive. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)