Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please I Need Some Help!

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM
  • 30 Replies

I am desparate for any advice about how to get my 2 1/2 month old to sleep through the night.  My husband lives in Texas and I am active duty so I am up at 5am everyday.  We've tried rice cereal in his bottle and oatmeal and nothing has worked.  Anyone with any advice is much appreciated!  Thank you.

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lunyuny
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:28 PM
No no no cereals. He is too little. Who is ever watching him during the day can help by keeping him up more often especially later in the afternoon
Teamom2
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you try soft music in his room?

ColoradoMom86
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Yes

Quoting Teamom2:

Did you try soft music in his room?

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you swaddling him?
No cereal in the bottles he is way too young.
ColoradoMom86
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:22 PM
Swaddling works for a few hours but he is consistently waking up between 12 and 1am to eat.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Are you swaddling him?
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Sounds typical for that age. What time is he going to bed?

Quoting ColoradoMom86: Swaddling works for a few hours but he is consistently waking up between 12 and 1am to eat.

ColoradoMom86
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM
I put him down around 9pm. I realize he's young but some babies do sleep all night at this age. I'm losing my ability to function at work and perform physically, which is part of my job. I'm exhausted, physically and mentally.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Sounds typical for that age. What time is he going to bed?

Quoting ColoradoMom86: Swaddling works for a few hours but he is consistently waking up between 12 and 1am to eat.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
All babies have varies different sleep patterns. My daughter slept through the night right out of the hospital. Her brothers did not.
Maybe you can put him down later? Its so hard when they are young to get them on a sleep pattern.
((Hugs))

Quoting ColoradoMom86: I put him down around 9pm. I realize he's young but some babies do sleep all night at this age. I'm losing my ability to function at work and perform physically, which is part of my job. I'm exhausted, physically and mentally.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Sounds typical for that age. What time is he going to bed?

squeakers2
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Honestly, it depends on the child. My daughter slept through the night at 6 weeks. My son is 16 months and still wakes up multiple times. Both situations are normal. For all its worth, waking frequently lowers the SIDs risk. "Sleeping through the night" is simply sleeping in 5, IIRC, hour stretches. Even adults don't sleep continuously for 8 hours. We wake up, to some degree, all night to readjust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momxfive357
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Your baby is too young to be expected to sleep all night.  It's not safe for any infant to go longer than four hours without nourishment.  Blood sugars drop too fast in young babies.  Maybe you can find someone willing to sleep over nights to help you.  It takes a lot out of young mothers caring for infants and trying to work full time.  Please don't expect more from your baby than he is capable of doing right now.  It will get much easier I promise.  Be patient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN