Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I am desparate for any advice about how to get my 2 1/2 month old to sleep through the night.  My husband lives in Texas and I am active duty so I am up at 5am everyday.  We've tried rice cereal in his bottle and oatmeal and nothing has worked.  Anyone with any advice is much appreciated!  Thank you.

by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
cali_gurl
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Sorry but he is totally normal for his age. Wish you could take off more time to be home with the newborn. Sorry you are not getting the sleep you need for work. Any chance you could call on other family for help?

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:06 AM

5 hours in a row is sleeping through the night according to my lactation consultant.  If you put your child down at 9 and they are up at 2.... that is through the night.  As you have been told your baby should not be getting solids till 4 months and never in a bottle.  Spoon feed your baby when they are 4 months.  My baby will be 4 months in a couple weeks and I have NO intention of giving cereal at that time either.  Its filler food.

GoodLuckCharm14
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Rice cereal at 2 months old?! Way too young for that. He most likely will not sleep through the night regardless. He's a newborn!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Probably a growth spurt. Sorry mama. I coslept with mine while nursing so nighttime wakings didn't really interrupt our sleep. Idk what to do to make bottle feeding easier to get back to sleep.

Quoting ColoradoMom86: Swaddling works for a few hours but he is consistently waking up between 12 and 1am to eat.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Are you swaddling him?
No cereal in the bottles he is way too young.
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I had to sleep with DS at that age. It was the only way he would sleep, but he still woke up what seemed like 100 times a night. Sometimes, there is nothing you can do but wait for them to grow.

withsecond
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM
I know it sucks but most babies still wake to eat at that age.
b0riqua-Mami
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Try kkeeping him up a lil longer during the day i had the same problem with my first born.. keep the house bright during the day  and for bed time dark so he can sleep peaceful.. mayb ur baby still hasnt realize the diffrence from day n night.. a nice warm bath before bed also works wonders.. good luck... :)

Jeanette25
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM

You could try massages. It was one of the techniques I started to use due to gas problems and it also told me that it helps to naturally raise /release their serotonin or melatonin? levels. they have videos on you tube just search baby gas massage if your interested!

Lavie74
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:35 PM

give your 2 year old a small bottle at 9pm. Try having them sleep in the bed with you. I know when I went through my devorce my Jonathan didn't want to sleep by himself without his dad there. I had to get some sleep to get up and work the next day so I put him in my bed and it worked. he'd sleep from 9:30 to 6:00.

stevensmommy12
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I don't have any advice. My son for the first three months had colic and was up all the time. I would have to sleep in the rocking chair with him cos you couldn't lay him down without him waking up. He is almost two now and doesn't go to bed until 1030 cos if he goes to bed any earlier he will be up at 2 or 3 in the morning. And he wont go back to bed until 10 or 11. Some babies are just different than others. I work 12 hour shift and have to go in sometimes without any sleep it sucks but its part of having a child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)