Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who's more important to you, your SO or your kids?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 302 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm having a bit of a dilemma and I'm not sure how to deal with it. Lately there have been a lot of conflicts between what my husband wants and what our kids want and need and I'm having trouble choosing whose wants take priority. And I do mean wants like hubby wants new tires for his car - his tires are new, but he wants these fancy rims and performance tires - and my oldest wants a new bike. But I also want to buy new clothes for the younger two for the spring since we'll be dealing with warmer weather soon.

Who's more important when it comes to things like this, your SO or your kids? Who do you put first?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:03 PM
35 moms liked this

I provide for my kids basic needs first.  My husband fully agrees with that.  I consider clothes and a basic bike essentials for a kid.  once everyones needs are met Im fine with my husband spoiling himself before we treat the kids.  He works very hard to provide for us. 

kellybean44
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
16 moms liked this

100% my children come first above anything else in this world.

cLanief
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
16 moms liked this
My kids come first always but NEEDS always come before WANTS.
Molimomma
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
9 moms liked this

Kiddo first. My hubs often has champagne taste on a kool-aid budget and I consider it my job to reel him in. If it were up to him we'd be buying fancy new tvs and a laptop every time I turn around. It seems like once a year he gets a bee in his bonnet about buying a camero too. None of which is needed. He has a truck that is paid for and works just fine. I usually put him off until he really does NEED it or we have a windfall like the tax return but even then he has to present a good reasonable case it has to fit into not strain our budget. That's just big stuff though, anything $100 or less he's free to buy (as long as it's not the end of the month and 2 days before payday).

Buggy979
by Danette on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
See I'm more important than any of them but they are all equal when need be.See maybe one will be more important if they need to be but never is one more important than the other but me. .
As for tires are they a must because the old ones are bald? Do the kids bed those cloths right this minute? Prioritize
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Quoting kellybean44:

100% my children come first above anything else in this world.

mummyoftwins92
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM
My children the tyres can come later it's not like they are about to pop or have a puncture.
blaineama16
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter comes before anyone and myself.
withsecond
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM
9 moms liked this
My husband and I both put our kids wants and needs above our own.
lovebugxx
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
16 moms liked this
Kids needs first. Once all the NEEDS are taken care of, then go have fun and buy what you WANT like those new fancy tires. Now if DH NEEDED new tires and DS wanted a bike, the tires would be bought first because it is needed and DS can clearly go without a new bike for a little while longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)