Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

weight loss surhery **UPDATE*=

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM
  • 47 Replies
Im done. I need help! I do not have the will power nor support group to lose weight. I get discouraged to easily. I lose 15 lbs and gain 20 back. I cant take this any more. I want to be me again. I wont let my dh touch me or even look at me because of the way I feel. Callingy doc firdt thing in the morn. I need a good start I need a huge push. Being 140 lbs over weight is just ridiculous. I cry daily because of how big I have gotten. Im done. I am not soing it no more. Sorry needed to vent and hopefully someone who's been in my situation can ahed some light on me. :(

Thank you everyone for the wonderful replies and information. It truly means allot to me. Also thanks for all the support you women are amazing. I wanted to update all of you. I had spoke to my doc. They wanted me to see a nutritionist well beautiful thing. I went to a thyrpid seminar and now seeing 2 nutritionist every 2 weeks for the next 6mths. Not only will they help me lose weight, they are also going to help me get my thyroid under control. If this does not work, my doc said we can then discuss a surgery. Again thank you to all of you, your amazing!
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Sorry for typos :/
jessecutez2
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Im sorry. But they are going to need you to lose a few lbs to prove yourself first. You also need counciling. I know it isnt easy but take one day at a time. Which surgery are you thinking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nickysnooks
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Get the surgery. It's a big help. Emphasis on help. I had the sleeve gastrectomy done in 2012 best decision ever. Down 135 pounds. Pre op weight 280 I'm 5'6 good.luck!!
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry. Make sure on the journey you deal with the psychological side as well, just because your stomach gets shrunk doesn't mean you'll mentally be changed or your eating habits. If you still have no will power you'll be sick and end up down on yourself again.

Good luck.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I need it. I need that push!

Quoting Nickysnooks: Get the surgery. It's a big help. Emphasis on help. I had the sleeve gastrectomy done in 2012 best decision ever. Down 135 pounds. Pre op weight 280 I'm 5'6 good.luck!!
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Thank you. My eating habbits are fine. I honestly do not know why i gain weight back so quickly. I have cut out soda all together drink nothing but water. My food intake is never more then what my calorie intake should be and its healthy calories not bad. Ugh so irritating.

Quoting MommyJill87: I'm sorry. Make sure on the journey you deal with the psychological side as well, just because your stomach gets shrunk doesn't mean you'll mentally be changed or your eating habits. If you still have no will power you'll be sick and end up down on yourself again.

Good luck.
Nickysnooks
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pregnant and have been gaining a normal amount but.still need loads of vitamins though. You will need supplements for life. But being over 100.pounds overweight is.very unhealthy. Imo it will be extremely hard to.get it off for good without help
Nickysnooks
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Very true

Quoting MommyJill87: I'm sorry. Make sure on the journey you deal with the psychological side as well, just because your stomach gets shrunk doesn't mean you'll mentally be changed or your eating habits. If you still have no will power you'll be sick and end up down on yourself again.

Good luck.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Im thinking gastric bypass. Seems to be the most popular.

Quoting jessecutez2: Im sorry. But they are going to need you to lose a few lbs to prove yourself first. You also need counciling. I know it isnt easy but take one day at a time. Which surgery are you thinking?
jessecutez2
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Gastric bypass is very risky. Dont go for popular go for what fits your needs. It has a longer recovery than lapband too. How much do you weigh if you dont mind?

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Im thinking gastric bypass. Seems to be the most popular.

Quoting jessecutez2: Im sorry. But they are going to need you to lose a few lbs to prove yourself first. You also need counciling. I know it isnt easy but take one day at a time. Which surgery are you thinking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN