Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why do people depend on

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 5 Replies
Pills so much .there has to be a better way than to to cope with problems instead of hiding behind pills
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Senile-felines
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:59 AM
It is a very large addiction in today's society. If you've been up close an personal to it; it can be very sad.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I agree. I hate taking meds. Ive taken them my whole life. My mom don't understand why I refuse to take anti depressants. Well i cam cope with the depression on my own i dont need meds. The thing i need meds for is my thyroid. Blech!
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:30 PM
They don't call them Mother's Little Helper for nothing...
withsecond
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM
What kind though? Narcotics or anti depressants?
skrbelly
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
The way pharmaceuticals are marketed is criminal. There's no normal bodily function that isn't labeled a "disease". Fart too much? There's a pill for that! In this country, everyone thinks they have a diagnosis. Every other commercial is for a medication. Half of the pages in every magazine are ads for medication. Patients self diagnose and then demand prescriptions. Medical websites get as much traffic as Facebook. The way these things are being crammed down our throats, no wonder people think they need pills. There are so many people who are vulnerable and not well informed that this is a very real problem for them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)