Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you go with your child to a job interview?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 49 Replies

My cousin's a single mom in her early 20s and trying to find a job so she can go back to work. She doesn't have her own car yet so she has to rely on others to get her to and from places, so I get her asking her mom to take her to her interview. What I DON'T get is that she asked her to go IN with her when she was called back! Not only that, but my aunt actually AGREED and got involved in the discussion, answering questions on my cousin's behalf!

I think the whole thing is ridiculous. What do you think? Would you go with your child to a job interview?

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Never.

bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM
3 moms liked this

I think that there is no way she will get the job.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd is 17 . She has a job interview at our local aquatic center the 11th of this month she does not have a car. I will take her to the interview and drop her off and pick her up when she is done. No way would I go in with her. This is their time to learn how to open up, and to grow as young adults. Why take that away from them?
Presley77
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:13 PM
That's inappropriate. I wouldn't hire her.
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM
3 moms liked this
LOL
It sounds like a SNL skit
mama_l
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:20 PM
HELL NO!

As an employer, she would have been an immediate "we'll keep you on file" candidate.
withsecond
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM
I think, she's not getting that job.
LuxeGypsie
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:49 PM
This is hysterical!!! I love some of these responses, like the Sat Night live skit.

Yes, it's so ridiculous it seems to be a joke! And the sad thing is, that mother is crippling her daughter's growth into adulthood by participating in the interview. But I expect she's been doing that her whole life, rescuing her from embarrassing or scary situations that we all must grin and bear (and cry later) to graduate from childhood.

I think a general rule about this should be:
It is acceptable to attend a job interview with your child... If you are the interviewer and hiring a nanny!
LuxeGypsie
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely! Giving someone a ride is a whole different story.:)

Quoting DallasCowboys81: My dd is 17 . She has a job interview at our local aquatic center the 11th of this month she does not have a car. I will take her to the interview and drop her off and pick her up when she is done. No way would I go in with her. This is their time to learn how to open up, and to grow as young adults. Why take that away from them?
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Lmao Seriously
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)