Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When did you start dating again?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM
  • 11 Replies
For those who are separated or divorced, how long until you started dating again. I've been separated since Oct and filed for divorce almost 2 months ago. Certainly not wanting to jump into the dating pool again right now, but just wondering how long it took for you to get to that point again.
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Idk but my bil passed. My sister has been serious with someone since four months after his passing. I guess everyone is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carlinaiden
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 year
kgbm13
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM

I started dating the month after I told x husband it was over.  He was already involved in several affairs and was flaunting another in my face thinking it would get me back.  First relationship was unhealthy as I was his affair and when I learned I ended it and his gf slapped a restraining order on me for slapping the man in the face for lies.  Four months post divorce date final I met SO and have been together since.

with kids involved as a kid growing up divorce never introduce dates until its a solid going someplace relationship.  Kids don't need to see all the dates coming and going that don't work out.  Kept that rule no kids myself but never met the mans kids until it was solid and going somewhere.  I did do accidental meet up in public shopping with the man who was cheating where we planed to meet when he was out with the kids.  SO I didn't meet the kids until 1 month in and 5 months in.  Now the older one wants me there with her dad at events and the little one comes cuddle and even cries for me when she is punished so that feels good.  And no I don't jump to save during punishments.

MichelleNichole
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM
I'm not divorced but my husband was going through a divorce when we met. We started dating about 8 months into his separation. Divorce was finalize about 3-4 months later. She had already been dating before but we are pretty sure she was already having an affair before they separated. It was a divorce they both wanted though so whenever your ready to date is when you should start.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 12, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Never divorced hope you get your answer?
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM

I hope you don't mind me jumping in as I am widowed & have not felt the urge to date again. I had a hard enough time with finding the right guy the first time! As far as a separated person goes I only have my best friend to look too-she is not yet divorced or separated & is dating already. But then so is her husband so I suppose it's sort of what's good for the goose & good for the gander!

LadyMarissa
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I feel that is one of things that falls under "when you feel you are ready"!!!  My ex had several different gf's for years before we seperated; so I had a date on the same night I left...mainly to bug the crap out of him!!!

My DH died 7 years ago & I've still not been out on a date.  In my heart I'm still married to the GREATEST man on earth!!!

YOU will know when the time is right!!!

sjording74
by on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I agree with Lady Marissa. When you feel you are ready.. I am in the beginning of a divorce. I have no intentions of dating any time soon, but that is because I feel I need time to heal and to work on myself. If you are comfortable with dating, then by all means.. You know when it is right for you. Feel free to add me to your friends if you would like to visit more!

Mznaye
by Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Its been five years of no dates for me
shalynoel
by on Apr. 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I started mingling some around 2 months after we split. We lived together about 6 months to just pass time for our lease to run out and for his contract to end on his job. We were separated but living together, if that makes sense. So, around 2 months after he left, I mingled some. That went on for about a year and then I met someone that I was serious with. I just had fun for about a year. I dated some, but didn't give any serious thought to any of them and didn't bring any home. When I did meet the serious relationship after a year, I had had enough time to clear my head of the past and I knew what I really wanted. Needless to say, I married that fella and we're super happy! Nothing is like it used to be and this is the relationship I wish I would have had to start with. (Minus the fact that I got a great kiddo out of the first one!) Good luck to you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN