Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm new but I am desperate for help! ***UPDATE!!*

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
  • 32 Replies

I got my tubes tied about 2 weeks ago, the following 2 days after surgery I felt great! Almost nonpain, and then came day 3, and it was horrible. . Just got worse since then.. I am 15 days post op and in so much pain I can hardly walk. Has this happened to anyone else?! I've been to the dr, and all he says is that he doesn't know what's wrong (*MAYBE* tubal spasms, that SHOULDN'T last more than 2 weeks is all he said) and refers me to a pain management dr. Help! I feel like I'm going crazy trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong. :( Been to the ER once. And I think headed there again soon. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

*** Update: So, I went and got my 2nd opinion today. I hate that I had to drive almost 2 hours to my previous doc, but I completely trust and respect him and really needed a 2nd opinion before going any further with my new doc and surgeon. He told me that he would still consider me "post op" until 6 weeks. And to give it a couple more weeks. But, that my dr was right in saying that I would need surgery again to do a complete removal of my tubes, and if that doesn't fix it, that I would go back in for a 3rd surgery and have a hysterectomy. I'm still not feeling any better. Sometimes worse. On the plus side, my insurance SHOULD cover the surgery. (Thank you, God!)

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhodin
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM
4 moms liked this
Get xrayed and make sure they didn't leave a sponge in there. All surgical equipment is radiopaque for that reason.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Not sure... I didnt have issues with mine. Good luck im sure it must be awful!
adamat34
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:26 PM
May be referred pain from nerve inflammation, or muscle spasms, hard to say without a full exam, is there a fever or vomiting? Pain at incision sight or antithetical symptoms? As a nurse it's worth more research . As a woman and a healthcare provider I would consult another obgyn sooner rather than later. POst op pain doffers with everyone but worse rather than better over a period of time doesn't seem normal. I do hope you feel better soon . E
mras0921
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:39 PM
No fever. No vomiting. No nausea either.. No pain at incisions. Both incisions have healed great. Inscisions themselves are fine.. I almost feel like I'm going into labor or just had a baby.
Makeupmom22
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:36 PM
You probably pulled a muscle or something in that area. I don't know I had mine done when I had my 2nd c- section. That was 4 years ago. Also you can goggle your symptoms, I know that's bad but I always do that. Hope you get to feeling better:)
gavs4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Sorry I can't help.  After I had mine I was fine.  I'd demand an ultrasound or xray to see what's going on though. That much pain is not normal.

pdelrosario
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better! 

mras0921
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
The thing that scares me is, I have googled my symptoms.. And the only thing that I can find is what's called tubal syndrome... And the only way to fix it is to get my tubal reversed.. Not too fond of that idea but at this point I'm a little desperate and part of me is like ... if it fixes it, I don't care, do it.
mras0921
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you all! I'm currently in the er.. They just got done with a ct scan, waiting on results.
mras0921
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM
... ct scan came back normal ... blood work came back normal ... tired of feeling like this. I wish they could figure out what is causing all the pain...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)