Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not your Taxi.

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son has a friend who lives down the street from us. One day the little boy asked if i could drop him off at home and of course i said yes. Well that little boy and his little brother has been asking for rides every since that first day.

Yesterday the little boy said  to me that his mom said it will be safer for him and his little brother to get a ride from me. Okay, the mom NEVER once asked if i can take them home. Every time i try and talk to the mom she is always brushing me off. She just assume since we live close by that I'm willing to take her boys home everyday.

Well my son has been wanting to walk home from school but those little boys always ran to my car and hop in to get a ride. My son is getting so pissed off at them because it nice and pretty outside. But these kids are so lazy they want a ride everyday. I dont want to be mean to the kids and tell them no rides anymore so what would you do?

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Mar. 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM

B

godsgirl26

U

godsgirl26

M

godsgirl26

P

Pookie2014
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Call the mom and if she doesn't answer let her know you are not able to being them home so she may want to make other arrangements. You don't owe her an explanation as to why you can't give them a ride. Question...if
You son wants to walk...why are you at the school for the other boys to be able to get in your car? Do you work at the school?
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:15 PM

No, i don't work at the school but i have to pick up my kindergartner because the teacher wont let her go with anyone else but myself or my husband.

Quoting Pookie2014: Call the mom and if she doesn't answer let her know you are not able to being them home so she may want to make other arrangements. You don't owe her an explanation as to why you can't give them a ride. Question...if You son wants to walk...why are you at the school for the other boys to be able to get in your car? Do you work at the school?

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

Pookie2014
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:41 PM
I see...that makes sense. If you can't get ahold of the mom to discuss with her..I would recommend talking to the school. Or just tell the boys to walk with your son when he walks home if they are about the same age. It could just be as sole as
Telling the boys you are not able to take them anymore an leave it at that. I don't know the ages you are referring too so it's hard to say what the best choice is. I just hope it's a lot warmer where you are then it is here.

Quoting godsgirl26:

No, i don't work at the school but i have to pick up my kindergartner because the teacher wont let her go with anyone else but myself or my husband.

Quoting Pookie2014: Call the mom and if she doesn't answer let her know you are not able to being them home so she may want to make other arrangements. You don't owe her an explanation as to why you can't give them a ride. Question...if
You son wants to walk...why are you at the school for the other boys to be able to get in your car? Do you work at the school?

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:45 PM

The older brother is 11 and the younger brother is 6.

Quoting Pookie2014: I see...that makes sense. If you can't get ahold of the mom to discuss with her..I would recommend talking to the school. Or just tell the boys to walk with your son when he walks home if they are about the same age. It could just be as sole as Telling the boys you are not able to take them anymore an leave it at that. I don't know the ages you are referring too so it's hard to say what the best choice is. I just hope it's a lot warmer where you are then it is here.
Quoting godsgirl26:

Quoting Pookie2014: Call the mom and if she doesn't answer let her know you are not able to being them home so she may want to make other arrangements. You don't owe her an explanation as to why you can't give them a ride. Question...if You son wants to walk...why are you at the school for the other boys to be able to get in your car? Do you work at the school?

♥♥I Has Dreams♥♥

HAHuskey
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Go to the principal and have him call the mom. Tell him that she told them to ride with you and didn't ask permission. Also,
HAHuskey
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this
If that's not enough, get there early one day and get your kids so that you aren't there when they come along. Maybe their mom will get the hint that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)