Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Day trip to Disney World

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM
  • 19 Replies
I have never been to Disney World. I want to go. We live In Daytona Beach area so we are close. Was thinking about taking a day trip down there sometime but have no idea what is the best thing to do. I have 3 kids...boy11, girl9 and boy5. I know there are a lot of parks down there and they all cost close to $100 per person to get in so we can only afford to visit one place at a time. What would you suggest?
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Molimomma
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Magic kingdom hands down. Those ages are great for that park. If they are big into animals Animal Kingdom is nice but not worth the price. EPCOT is honestly more for adults and they will think the countries are boring. Hollywood Studios would also be a good choice especially if they like scary thrill rides like Tower of Terror and Rockin'Rollercoaster. Magic Kingdom will give you the most bang for your buck though with lots of rides that include more for the 5yr old and a parade and if you go on the right night fireworks too.

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Thank you for your advice! I was thinking The Magic Kingdom but really wasn't sure!

Quoting Molimomma:

Magic kingdom hands down. Those ages are great for that park. If they are big into animals Animal Kingdom is nice but not worth the price. EPCOT is honestly more for adults and they will think the countries are boring. Hollywood Studios would also be a good choice especially if they like scary thrill rides like Tower of Terror and Rockin'Rollercoaster. Magic Kingdom will give you the most bang for your buck though with lots of rides that include more for the 5yr old and a parade and if you go on the right night fireworks too.

Molimomma
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:52 PM

I worked there for about 6 years through college, I miss it!

Quoting katiebug840204: Thank you for your advice! I was thinking The Magic Kingdom but really wasn't sure!
Quoting Molimomma:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Magic Kingdom!
Look for deals and coupons,discounts.
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM
That is awesome! I bet you had fun!

Quoting Molimomma:

I worked there for about 6 years through college, I miss it!

Quoting katiebug840204: Thank you for your advice! I was thinking The Magic Kingdom but really wasn't sure!

Quoting Molimomma:

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! :-)

Quoting Hottmomma607: Magic Kingdom!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Also if its a day trip you may wanna think going the evening before spend the night in an expensive hotel,get up bright&early then go to D.W. Magic Kingdom to get the maximum out of your visit.

Quoting katiebug840204: Thanks! :-)

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Magic kingdom. Im in orlando. We went in nov.Had such an amazing time.Snowwhites ride is supposed to open this spring.Looks like fun. Its a roller coaster

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah it would definitely just be a day trip. We only live an hour away from Orlando.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Also if its a day trip you may wanna think going the evening before spend the night in an expensive hotel,get up bright&early then go to D.W. Magic Kingdom to get the maximum out of your visit.

Quoting katiebug840204: Thanks! :-)

momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now a 3 day pass is only around $129

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)