Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A tragedy..

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 6 Replies
My sister in law and I were so excited to be pregnant together. We were exactly 10 weeks apart (she was 10 weeks ahead of me) tragically last week at her normal check up (at 28 weeks) she learned her baby no longer had a heartbeat and had passed away in the womb. My heart breaks for her.

But mostly I feel a huge burden of guilt. I have two children already, she has none. Why her? God knows I do not wish it upon myself what so ever but I just feel so bad for her. I am also so worried about my baby now. I've had no major issues besides gestational diabetes with any of my pregnancies but I still can't help but to worry constantly about my baby now. Doesn't help that I'm only 18 weeks and I don't feel a ton of movement yet, just a few flutters a day.

I know she will make it through this, she is strong. I just needed to get that off my chest. God bless all of you that have been through the same thing it is life changing!
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tia_23
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM
My heart goes too her. Sending prayers your guys way.
lovemybabies811
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Thank you<3

Quoting Tia_23: My heart goes too her. Sending prayers your guys way.
taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:29 PM

:( That is so very sad and I'm so sorry that that happened to her.  Bless her heart. 
I know you are going to feel some guilt but try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can.  You sure didn't mean for that to happen to her and so it doesn't mean you can't enjoy bonding with your growing baby. 

lovemybabies811
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I feel like I cannot say anything to her to make her feel how much I mourn for her. (and I'm sure no words help anyways) I feel so attached to my baby and terrified it will happen to me. They don't know what happened yet to cause it. She still had to give birth at 28 weeks knowing her baby would not be alive when she was born. It is so heart breaking.

Quoting taKENheart:

:( That is so very sad and I'm so sorry that that happened to her.  Bless her heart.  I know you are going to feel some guilt but try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can.  You sure didn't mean for that to happen to her and so it doesn't mean you can't enjoy bonding with your growing baby. 

TheMommaJessie
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I am soo sorry. My sister in law lost her baby a few months ago she was only about 2 months along. I can't imagine the pain she is feeling and the guilt and paranoia you are feeling. Just be there for her and comfort her how ever she will let you. As for the guilt and paranoia just breath thank God for you baby & for keeping you both safe. do that as many times as you need to until you feel secure.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM

That's always rough.  I never know what to say to people and I've lost 2 babies myself.  It's just such a sad thing.
Try not to worry so much about your pregnancy.  You don't want to stress your body out.  I am sure you are going to be fine.  Keep going to your appointments and taking care of yourself...that's all you can do.  Hugs!
How awfully sad that she had to go through that.  That must have been a difficult delivery to go through. 

Quoting lovemybabies811: I feel like I cannot say anything to her to make her feel how much I mourn for her. (and I'm sure no words help anyways) I feel so attached to my baby and terrified it will happen to me. They don't know what happened yet to cause it. She still had to give birth at 28 weeks knowing her baby would not be alive when she was born. It is so heart breaking.
Quoting taKENheart:

:( That is so very sad and I'm so sorry that that happened to her.  Bless her heart.  I know you are going to feel some guilt but try to enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can.  You sure didn't mean for that to happen to her and so it doesn't mean you can't enjoy bonding with your growing baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN