Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tell us about your city

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
  • 31 Replies

I'm in Chattanooga, and it is a wonderful place to live. We have beautiful lakes, surrounded by mountains. Excellent aquarium, museums, nice restaurants, and one of the best small theatre groups in the south. How about your town?

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I live in a village of 295 people.  Main street has a post office, gas station/ convenience store, butcher shop, bank and ag store to buy farm equipment.  We are surrounded by a state forest where many people go to camp and hike.  We have a band shell/stage in the park and an area to cook and serve food there as well.  In warmer months we have community meals such as pancake breakfasts, hog roasts, etc.  We also play movies on the wall of the band shell and bring our lawn chairs and popcorn down to watch together.  Evey july we have a street dance to raise money for the fire department.  

We have a charter school here that there is a waiting list for if you do not live in town.  Over 400 children attend!  Its a really good school so people are willing to drive.  

I never lock my doors.  When I am gardening or working on a project the neighbors come out and help.  I go to their houses to help them too.  Living here is like going back in time.  We still have church socials and ladies luncheons.  When kids trick or treat they go into the house and are offered lemonade and home baked treats.  

One of the largest malls in america is less than an hour away so we still have everything available to us that a large city has.  Target is in a town 10 minutes away, along with all the typical things you find in a suburb.  When I go home at night however I am where its truely a community. 

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Sounds like a wonderful place to live!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I live in a village of 295 people.  Main street has a post office, gas station/ convenience store, butcher shop, bank and ag store to buy farm equipment.  We are surrounded by a state forest where many people go to camp and hike.  We have a band shell/stage in the park and an area to cook and serve food there as well.  In warmer months we have community meals such as pancake breakfasts, hog roasts, etc.  We also play movies on the wall of the band shell and bring our lawn chairs and popcorn down to watch together.  Evey july we have a street dance to raise money for the fire department.  

We have a charter school here that there is a waiting list for if you do not live in town.  Over 400 children attend!  Its a really good school so people are willing to drive.  

I never lock my doors.  When I am gardening or working on a project the neighbors come out and help.  I go to their houses to help them too.  Living here is like going back in time.  We still have church socials and ladies luncheons.  When kids trick or treat they go into the house and are offered lemonade and home baked treats.  

One of the largest malls in america is less than an hour away so we still have everything available to us that a large city has.  Target is in a town 10 minutes away, along with all the typical things you find in a suburb.  When I go home at night however I am where its truely a community. 

Clubpenguin
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:04 PM
Quoting NDADanceMom:

this sounds so nice. Where is it?
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Just south of the twin cities in minnesota

Quoting Clubpenguin:
Quoting NDADanceMom:

this sounds so nice. Where is it?

shadowcat76
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I live in a city of 60,000 people, but with a small town attitude. Everyone knows everyone pretty much you cant go anywhere without seeing someone you know anyway! We have a very low crime rate, beautiful parks and many linear trails. The schools here are very nice and education is a priority here. Many programs that get cut elsewhere have seemed to stick around here which is awesome!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:57 PM
I would buty definition of our town would offend people. Soook there for I wont say nothing because I was raised if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. :)
We would move towns but we are stuck. Father in law bought the house because we own one in Utah and cant purchase another till its paid for. Another 5yrs!!!
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM

So sorry you are stuck!

Quoting DallasCowboys81: I would buty definition of our town would offend people. Soook there for I wont say nothing because I was raised if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. :) We would move towns but we are stuck. Father in law bought the house because we own one in Utah and cant purchase another till its paid for. Another 5yrs!!!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Thanks. Us too lol

Quoting elasmimi:

So sorry you are stuck!

Quoting DallasCowboys81: I would buty definition of our town would offend people. Soook there for I wont say nothing because I was raised if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. :)
We would move towns but we are stuck. Father in law bought the house because we own one in Utah and cant purchase another till its paid for. Another 5yrs!!!

Buggy979
by Danette on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I live by the Pacific ocean. It is a old fishing town. Lots of hippies and just layed back kinda people. We have a famous golf course, mavericks, boardwalk and aquarium. The weather is always 65-75 365 days a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Are you in Oregon? Sounds like just my kind of place!

Quoting Buggy979: I live by the Pacific ocean. It is a old fishing town. Lots of hippies and just layed back kinda people. We have a famous golf course, mavericks, boardwalk and aquarium. The weather is always 65-75 365 days a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)