Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cutting baby girl's hair

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you cut your baby girl's hair if it was extremely uneven?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 15

View Results

My 8 month old has some crazy hair, it looks like an eighties new wave hair style.  Around the sides, her bangs,  and the middle of the back of her head it is about 2 inches long.  But the top of her head is about 4 inches and falls in her face down past her mouth.  Then there is a 2 inch section at the nape of her neck that hangs down about 5 inches.  I have no idea why it is growing in crazy patches like this.  I usually keep the top in a pony tail or use a clip or something but there is nothing I can do with the back.

I really don't want her to have this neo mullet.  The grandparents think it's cute.  My husband doesn't care what I do.  I was talking to my friends yesterday about it.  Some think I should cut it and others said to leave it alone and it will even out.  I am 99% sure I am going to cut it, I'm only worried that it will get messed up - I have had so many bad haircuts that I have issues, lmao.  I want it all evened out to the 2 inches the rest of her hair has grown to.

So, did any of you cut your baby girls hair?

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mammacra
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Hair bows head bands something.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Nope. A baby isn't supposed to be perfect. She's not a VS Angel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gee18
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Mines hair is like that too but I don't want to cut it. Its so crazy, its so uneven but for some reason I just don't want to cut it. I feel like its a part of her, she was born with it, its just grown all crazy.
gee18
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:50 AM
Okay?

Quoting msjaxon: Nope. A baby isn't supposed to be perfect. She's not a VS Angel
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Do you have a question?

Quoting gee18: Okay?

Quoting msjaxon: Nope. A baby isn't supposed to be perfect. She's not a VS Angel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gee18
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:55 AM
I'm just curious as to why you think you have to add the last part?

Quoting msjaxon: Do you have a question?

Quoting gee18: Okay?

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Nah, we embraced it

my sis in law cut her son's though for that reason, and he's around the same age

i like it when they have insanity in their hair, it makes them look like they don't have a care in the world...oh wait they don't LOL

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I cut my daughters hair but she is 3...and apparently im awesome at it because everyone loves her haircuts lol
toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:21 PM
My daughter was born with a mullet, lol. I waited until she was about 6 months old, and then cut it myself. She looked so much better, and then her hair grew nicer.
Bretnasmommy
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:51 PM

No I didn't cut my daughters hair until she was 4.. I only wanted to trim it but she begged and begged for short hair so I let her cut it off.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009
Surrobaby- Due July 16th, 2014

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)