Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Our 6 wk old Baby won't sleep anywhere but on the....

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this

Dryer!!! I mean literally Unless one of us is holding her and walking around she WILL not go to sleep unless she is in the car seat and on the dryer... I have tried to use the Bassinet on there and everything and NOTHING works but the car seat... The Dryer stays on air fluff so it doesn't get hot and I took all the straps out of the seat but I am using the Latch system and is attached to a Metal bar on the wall that I installed in to a stud to prevent the seat from moving... All I can say is whatever works at this point... Although I hope she will start sleeping in the bassinet or something else soon coz I haven't slept in my own bed or with my hubby in 6 wks!!! LOL the couch is comfy enough but I miss cuddling with my DH!!

Anyone else have to us the whatever work theory with their LO's??

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TS9509
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Hugs to you momma!!! When my ds was a baby he wasn't that bad but did have several nights the first 6 months that we would have to crank DHs racecar to get ds to go to sleep. Ds is now 7 any time we go to the races he falls asleep in the stands lol.
Momma3220
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM
My daughters 7 weeks and I have to lay her head on my boobs and pat her butt for her sleep. Lol
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Try co sleeping,...
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:08 AM
My youngest has to be on my left boob, blanket over head paci, rocked and butt patted.

We are cleaning my living room and bringing in my own lawn chair (ghetto maybe so, but works.)

Quoting Momma3220: My daughters 7 weeks and I have to lay her head on my boobs and pat her butt for her sleep. Lol
Momma3220
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Thats my daughter EXACTLY haha

Quoting ABCMomma0211: My youngest has to be on my left boob, blanket over head paci, rocked and butt patted.

We are cleaning my living room and bringing in my own lawn chair (ghetto maybe so, but works.)

Quoting Momma3220: My daughters 7 weeks and I have to lay her head on my boobs and pat her butt for her sleep. Lol
indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I never thought I would try to co-sleep but I did... she just screamed and screamed... I even tried getting her to sleep while walking around or in the seat and AS SOON as I sat down she woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep... I go all of 2 hrs of sleep those two nights trying... She slept FINE as long as I was walking around or she was in her seat but If I tried to lay down or sit down she got mad!

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Try co sleeping,...

CafeMom Tickers

Rotorkitty
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe get a white noise machine or a fan? And have they checked for reflux? I've heard babies with reflux can't sleep without being propped up so the car seat makes it so the reflux doesn't bother them
sam12796
by Sandy on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Look into a vibrating bassinett. We had one but rarely used it since she slept fine there.

indianamom1985
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:12 AM

LOL She also likes for the washer to be running.. Its like she has her own little noise blocking center with the washer and dryer going... I could play the drums when they are both going and she won't wake up!!! I'm kinda glad she not SO Picky!! LOL

Quoting Momma3220: Thats my daughter EXACTLY haha
Quoting ABCMomma0211: My youngest has to be on my left boob, blanket over head paci, rocked and butt patted. We are cleaning my living room and bringing in my own lawn chair (ghetto maybe so, but works.)

CafeMom Tickers

OhSara87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:13 AM
My 6 week old now won't stay asleep unless she's being rocked in her car seat like a swing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)