Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Daylight Savings Time

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM
  • 27 Replies

It's dark again.  My kids aren't waking up well today.  The middle schooler missed his bus.  The elementary kids' bus comes in 20 minutes.  I'm not rushing around getting everyone up & ready.  Looks like I'll be driving them today.  This sucks.  Our bodies & minds aren't meant to jump around time like this.  

Do you like this?

Ooooh...featured?  Over compaining about DST?  I should complain more often lol...

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:22 AM
I don't, I missed church yesterday and couldn't get up today. Thanks God school is only 5 blocks away
Aslen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:23 AM

No. DST sucks big huge donkey balls

HayKay0810
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I know this sucks! 

.ChiMama.
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I let them stay up late on Saturday so they would wake up later on Sunday. It worked quite well. They were in bed by their normal 8pm bedtime. 2 kids ages 10 and 4. I hate waking up early but I gotta go to work in a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrangeDreamPop
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Eh. I slept horrible but no one else seems to be affected from it
spitfire06
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:31 AM
I can't stand it dh didn't sleep good and woke me up dd1 is doing what your kids did lol and dd2 is getting up at five am instead of six yuck
s_roachy
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I was actually looking forward to daylight savings because my baby has been on a schedule of going to bed at 6:30 pm and waking at 5:30 am that we just can't seem to move later. I was hoping we would just keep her same schedule and daylight savings would fix it so she would be down at 7:30 pm and up at 6:30 am (waking before 6 is just way too early). Well I worked yesterday, husband had baby, didn't follow the schedule I told him to with her, she was way tired when I got home and had to go to bed early. Up at 5:30 am again, actually being like 4:30 am. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Bknotnobody
by Sadie on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:01 AM
I didn't want to get out of bed either...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Thankfully my kiddos are on spring break this week..but I still have to get out of bed and go to work :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Not in the spring, lol. My hubby has to get up for work at 4:30 am. It was really rough Sunday, especially since they called him in an hour early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)