Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SAHM RANT!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
1st off ladies....goodmorning!!!

This rant comes from a big argument I got in with a friend over fb. Has my blood pressure aUp lol. So obviously in her mind (( she has no kids)) a SAHM is not considered work. And presumed to post a status telling all women to stop taking pics of their kids with a messy house and to get off our lazy asses and clean since we do not work.

A SAHM is not considered a job, no. Id never consider me mothering my babies a job. Its everything else that revolves around beinf a stay at home parent. It can get stressful.and not to mention we dont have vacation days or off days. Yes I understand we choose to be a sahm but I just wish the ones who are would bevgiven credit.

Rant over lol

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jae_lauren
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Sorry for some of the mispelled words lol

Quoting jae_lauren: 1st off ladies....goodmorning!!!

This rant comes from a big argument I got in with a friend over fb. Has my blood pressure aUp lol. So obviously in her mind (( she has no kids)) a SAHM is not considered work. And presumed to post a status telling all women to stop taking pics of their kids with a messy house and to get off our lazy asses and clean since we do not work.

A SAHM is not considered a job, no. Id never consider me mothering my babies a job. Its everything else that revolves around beinf a stay at home parent. It can get stressful.and not to mention we dont have vacation days or off days. Yes I understand we choose to be a sahm but I just wish the ones who are would bevgiven credit.

Rant over lol

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a "friend" like that too. Its annoying. I agree. I found out my friend was jealous cuz she wants kids but dont have any.. Maybe its the same for her.
pixie-buttercup
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I also have a former co-worker that has an attitude similar to that. She's 37 and just got married last summer to a man that has 2 previous children from 2 previous marriages. They have partial custody of his 5yr old daughter (every other weekend) but she seems to have the parenting thing totally figured out already. She is constantly posting things on fb about how parents should be raising their kids and the right/wrong way to discipline. I totally want to reply to her that she's been a part time stepparent for like 15 minutes!! She has no idea....

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM
As a SAHM myself, I do agree with her to an extent. I have a couple Facebook friends who constantly post photos of their kids and pets, and the floor and background of the photo is filthy. I'm not talking cluttered either. I understand clutter, but crumbs and unidentified small objects all over the floor around your dirty child is ridiculous. I had to unfollow the couple women on FB like that because I cannot stand seeing those pictures.
lucyblue202
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No kids, no opinion!

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Wow. You are too easily offended. Who cares what others think? IMO being a SAHM is about being with your child(ren) NOT about how clean you can maintain your home. Clearly without having kids, she has no idea what she is talking about. Just let her comments roll off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jae_lauren
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM
No not offended in the slightest way. Just gets me furiated that a mother with no children has the nerve to degrade a sahm.

Quoting Ktina11: Wow. You are too easily offended. Who cares what others think? IMO being a SAHM is about being with your child(ren) NOT about how clean you can maintain your home. Clearly without having kids, she has no idea what she is talking about. Just let her comments roll off.
jae_lauren
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Ha ha ha!!!
15 min. Parent ilove it

Quoting pixie-buttercup:

I also have a former co-worker that has an attitude similar to that. She's 37 and just got married last summer to a man that has 2 previous children from 2 previous marriages. They have partial custody of his 5yr old daughter (every other weekend) but she seems to have the parenting thing totally figured out already. She is constantly posting things on fb about how parents should be raising their kids and the right/wrong way to discipline. I totally want to reply to her that she's been a part time stepparent for like 15 minutes!! She has no idea....

jae_lauren
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I agree fully that we sahm should atleast give our kids a clean enviroment .... if we live filthy then theyll grow to think its a way of life. But her view was toys....clothes etc. My house has trails if toys. If I constantly picked up everytoy behind my kids id never sit lol

Quoting toopicky429: As a SAHM myself, I do agree with her to an extent. I have a couple Facebook friends who constantly post photos of their kids and pets, and the floor and background of the photo is filthy. I'm not talking cluttered either. I understand clutter, but crumbs and unidentified small objects all over the floor around your dirty child is ridiculous. I had to unfollow the couple women on FB like that because I cannot stand seeing those pictures.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Get tired of people and their knock against SAHM's.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)