Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms plzzzzzz help

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM
  • 17 Replies

My son had a diaper rash for about a month now.it isn't getting any better.  I have been putting desitin on his during her changes but this isn't helping. i toke him to the doctor and they give me a cream i been using it too I change his diaper about every two hours Right now, I'm trying to give him some time  to dry out really well when I change his diapers. I'm starting to run out of ideas on how to get rid of this thing. Does anyone else have any ideas?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Switch diaper brands. Both of mine couldn't wear certain brands of diapers at all. It could also be dietary.
neveragain17
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I used corn starch on my kids when they were babies. Idk what else besides what you are doing already.
jessecutez2
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:40 AM
This.. and if it doesnt work take him to the dr (it works in a few days usually A LOT sooner depends on the rash) it could be fungal, than otc diaper cream won't work but anti fungal foot cream will

Quoting neveragain17: I used corn starch on my kids when they were babies. Idk what else besides what you are doing already.
slafdili
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:40 AM

thank you guys but i did change diapers i was using hugies now i use pampers, it isn't really gitting any better 

angelizedsinz
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:10 AM
After every dirty diaper, I would wash his but and blow dry him on the cool setting. Drying it out helped a lot.
honey27
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:27 AM
Straight corn starch and don't Use wipes just plain water . Once he's wet change right away keep his diaper are as dry as possible.
ljmom24
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM
Aveno makes this oatmeal baby bath very soothing for bad rashes. Also it's let him go diaper free for awhile, not sure how old he is but when my guys were little of they had a bad rash I'd lie them on a towel after a diaper change for awhile. Other then that keep him dry frequent changes and maybe even cloth diapers until this passes. Or think they have sensitive skin ones or all natural ones.

Mine could never use pampers. They would break out. Not diaper rash. Didn't have an issue with other brands.
nat1106
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM
If your at home I would let him lay with no diaper on a towel or sheet to air out a little bit I had problems with both my girls when they were little diaper rash is so common however I'd put the medicine on him and let him lay with no diaper for awhile each day til its gone. Poor baby. Good luck
sarahmargaret24
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Does he have Eczema or really sensitive skin? Some teething kids also have really bad rashes that don't go away. You can buy Vitamin E cream anywhere try some... I suffer from Eczema and it works great good luck!
mamacam7
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Sounds alot like my DS. At about 6 months he developed a "rash" around his genital area. I used many different types of diaper creams and took him to the doctor. They gave me multiple types of creams and no one could figure it out. Then one day he went to the er for something unrelated and the pediatrician there suggested psoriasis. He still has the "rash" to this day (almost 7) and was diagnosed with chronic psoriasis. I'm not saying that your son has it but the story sounded familiar to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)