Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my daughter isn't eating HELPPPPP

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:45 AM
  • 6 Replies

my daughter is 16m and she already got her 8 front teeth but her molars are coming in and she hasn't really been eating anything and sometimes she gets that way where she only wants to eat off our plates and doesn't want to sit in her high chair and eat her own plate. but it is getting worse the last few days she dosenteven eat apple sauce and things like that ... she is already tall and skinny for her age i mean shes very active and runs all day i don't feed her junk at all so its not a issues of ruining her appetite ... i tried to play with her and sit her with me and eat but she is just chewing on everything ! is there anything i can do to keep weight on her and make sure she gets what she needs even if it hurts to eat ... or is it possible it has nothing to do with her teeth ?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaBlade
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:48 AM

pedisure(sp?) works great and have you tried Tylenol for her teething?

ditsyjo
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:21 AM

my daughter did the same thing7 years ago....suddenly stopped eating.In her case she had enlarged adnoids but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion until it has lasted longer than teething.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Yes she will be fine.  A toddler will not lose tons of weight unless they are sicker than teething.  Have you tried frozen popsicles or waffles still frozen?  Waffles soften as the child gnaws on them meanwhile numbing the sore gum and helping tooth break through.   We used gentle naturals teething drops for dd and it worked better than anything else on market.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM
We call this the "No food shall pass my lips" stage
Every kidvgoes through it
We get used to them eating to grow...remember their weight triples that first year...
So when they Slow down it seems like
No food shall ever pass my lips
Their body Knows how much it needs
momma7663
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM
My daughter does this constantly she's almost 17 months and she goes through spurts of not eating barley anything for awhile then she eats everything in sight just makes sure lots of whole milk and juices so she gets the calories they need and vitamins :) your baby will be just fine its completely normal
ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

ty everyone i love knowing i'm not going through this alone !!! its hard when she wont eat ! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)