Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 24 yr old daughter is driving me crazy!!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 4 Replies

Anyone have experience with grown children moving back home? My 24 yr old daughter has been living on her own for 6 yrs and now she says she is broke and cannot live on her own. She is depressed, not eating and she doesnt want to be here. She wants to have money but not sure she wants to work for it ( dont we all). She has a 4 yr old dog that she has with her and my 1 yr old tries to play with him and he ends up "picking on him". Nothing is right in the house for her. It is too cold, or always too something. She absolutely has no hope for the future. We have argued everyday that she has been here since last Friday. She is about to lose her job because she does not like the attorney. She went to one of the attorneys in the practice that she liked and talked about the other attorney and called her a bitch which she is however M went and told her what my daughter said. She has not been a happy person since she turned 16 ( now 24). She gets mad at me for the least little thing.. She has a high school diploma. Her dad and I paid for 3 semesters of college 6 yrs ago. She flunked completely 2 of those semesters. We gave a my husband's care and we pay her car insurance. She is animal poor. She has a horse that has to be boarded and her dad and I pay this as well. She has 2 other siblings at home 16,13. She is driving me crazy with this stuff however on the other hand I am worried about the depression.

Help!!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Ryanswifey42012
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Tough situation. You need to sit her down and tell her if she is going to be living in your house she needs to abide by your rules. She needs to find a new job and start saving money.
texasjen
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Exactly .......

Quoting Ryanswifey42012: Tough situation. You need to sit her down and tell her if she is going to be living in your house she needs to abide by your rules. She needs to find a new job and start saving money.

jcm28
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM
You know you have to first find her a doctor to take her to even of you tell her its for a physical. Then throw in the depression
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she needs some tough love, mom. Sounds like she needs to budget her money and cut down to just needs. Also, I'd tell her to shape up or ship out. It's your house. You are helping her. The whining and complaining needs to stop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)