Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what could be going on?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
  • 11 Replies
Im 30 weeks and having diarrhea everytime after I eat or even in general. Also been throwing up, stomach feels weird but my baby is still very very active, cant stop sweating (but dont have a fever), bad lower & mid back pain. What could this be?

***Please do not reply with I dont know, I have no idea or anything like that! Also dont say nothing ignorant or sarcastic because that gets very annoying! Thanks!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Virus
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like you have a stomach bug or maybe food poisoning.  I hope you feel better, but if you're still feeling sick today you should probably call the doctor.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Sounds like the stomach virus that has been going around my area like wildfire. Almost everyone's kids I know have had it, along with their parents. Dd had it last weekend,and I had it a couple days later.
BobKitten13
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Dont worry if someone replies with "I dont know" or anything of tjat nature. If they reply at all it bumps your post so others can see it. It is a pain to think you have hopefully an idea when you see someone has replied and come to find out its just a what we call a bump. Others can see it then and it can be more in the front with all the other high flow posts instead of being left behind. More chances for you to have help.

On that note, all I can say is call your doc and make sure you keep drinking fluids so you dont get dehydrated. That is the biggest thing. I was induced but I did still go through that. All I can say about that is it was 6 yrs ago on the 12th that I gave birth and to this very freaking day, its a pain in the ass, I still have that very problem. I have never told my doc because it is too embarrassing for me to talk to people in real life about. I cant eat fast food while we travel because of it. I have actually been able to time how long I have from the time I start eating to the time I have to run to the bathroom. Its a pain in the ass, literally. Good luck
BobKitten13
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Oh but the vomiting part...I would say a bug. But keep as much fluids in you. And how long have you been like this if you dont mind me asking?
Lavie74
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Quoting BobKitten13: Dont worry if someone replies with "I dont know" or anything of tjat nature. If they reply at all it bumps your post so others can see it. It is a pain to think you have hopefully an idea when you see someone has replied and come to find out its just a what we call a bump. Others can see it then and it can be more in the front with all the other high flow posts instead of being left behind. More chances for you to have help. On that note, all I can say is call your doc and make sure you keep drinking fluids so you dont get dehydrated. That is the biggest thing. I was induced but I did still go through that. All I can say about that is it was 6 yrs ago on the 12th that I gave birth and to this very freaking day, its a pain in the ass, I still have that very problem. I have never told my doc because it is too embarrassing for me to talk to people in real life about. I cant eat fast food while we travel because of it. I have actually been able to time how long I have from the time I start eating to the time I have to run to the bathroom. Its a pain in the ass, literally. Good luck

I would say that maybe you shoud see your doctor because it has been going on for 6 years now. You may have a IBS/celiac condition....though I'm not diagnosing you or anything. I was diagnosed with Chron's disease (a variety of Celiac/IBS) at 24. There is a lot your doctor can do to help you feel better. I eat a very regimented diet and do yoga/excercise to avoid having to take medication. I feel great now. try getting off of all glutens and reduce your intake of red meat. avoid eggs and see if you don't feel better. I will be praying for you because I know how bad it can be.

As for mom to be.....congratulations on your pregnancy and I do think it's probably a stomach virus, but I would definitely talk to my OB just to make sure. Many Blessings to you both. 

BobKitten13
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Thank you Lavie. I know I need to. Lol its just very embarrassing. I moved from Mi to Tn and just last year to Ky, so having a "regular" doc that im comfortable with is not there yet. Although I have been seeing the same one for a year....i still am just not that comfortable. Plus it is a guy. I dont know if its a family doc or a different doc i need to talk to. Lol the one doc i did talk to, about 3 years ago, told me i needed to give her a sample. I didnt shit for 2 weeks after that because of just flat out fear. Its horrible. Im 25.

Quoting Lavie74:

Quoting BobKitten13: Dont worry if someone replies with "I dont know" or anything of tjat nature. If they reply at all it bumps your post so others can see it. It is a pain to think you have hopefully an idea when you see someone has replied and come to find out its just a what we call a bump. Others can see it then and it can be more in the front with all the other high flow posts instead of being left behind. More chances for you to have help. On that note, all I can say is call your doc and make sure you keep drinking fluids so you dont get dehydrated. That is the biggest thing. I was induced but I did still go through that. All I can say about that is it was 6 yrs ago on the 12th that I gave birth and to this very freaking day, its a pain in the ass, I still have that very problem. I have never told my doc because it is too embarrassing for me to talk to people in real life about. I cant eat fast food while we travel because of it. I have actually been able to time how long I have from the time I start eating to the time I have to run to the bathroom. Its a pain in the ass, literally. Good luck

I would say that maybe you shoud see your doctor because it has been going on for 6 years now. You may have a IBS/celiac condition....though I'm not diagnosing you or anything. I was diagnosed with Chron's disease (a variety of Celiac/IBS) at 24. There is a lot your doctor can do to help you feel better. I eat a very regimented diet and do yoga/excercise to avoid having to take medication. I feel great now. try getting off of all glutens and reduce your intake of red meat. avoid eggs and see if you don't feel better. I will be praying for you because I know how bad it can be.

As for mom to be.....congratulations on your pregnancy and I do think it's probably a stomach virus, but I would definitely talk to my OB just to make sure. Many Blessings to you both. 

Lavie74
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Quoting BobKitten13: Thank you Lavie. I know I need to. Lol its just very embarrassing. I moved from Mi to Tn and just last year to Ky, so having a "regular" doc that im comfortable with is not there yet. Although I have been seeing the same one for a year....i still am just not that comfortable. Plus it is a guy. I dont know if its a family doc or a different doc i need to talk to. Lol the one doc i did talk to, about 3 years ago, told me i needed to give her a sample. I didnt shit for 2 weeks after that because of just flat out fear. Its horrible. Im 25.
Quoting Lavie74:

I completely understand....I am very nervous about doctors too. But going to your general and asking for a referal to a gastroenterologist might be the way to go. Just realize that medical professionals see it all and nothing about your poop will anoy or shock them. If you can kind of turn things around in your head and see the humor in the situation kind of like your watching a sitcom instead of really having to shit in a cup it may help. But look up on line some things about diet that help heal the digestive tract. Also I can tell ya ANYTHING that can reduce your stress will help your stomach and bowels. Yoga really helps me a lot. ....:)

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:27 PM
call your dr. as others have mentioned its prib a virus but to be sure call. and keep hydrated.
cbhs_teacher
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I agree with everyone else. I'm sure it's the flu bug, but if you aren't better in a couple days, I'd go to the doctor or at least call him and see what he thinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)