Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you gotten insurance since it became mandatory?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
  • 341 Replies
4 moms liked this
This is only for those that haven't had insurance previously before it became mandatory. Do you have insurance now or are you still without?

I priced the marketplace for my husband and I. Got a decent price but financially, we still can't afford it. So we are just going to have to take the penalty next year. Can't help that finances aren't there.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrinarose86
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I am pregnant so I am on medicaid but before I didn't have any type of medical insurance. It was hard to get insurance. It is so expensive
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Yes it is ridiculous. Are you going to look into the marketplace when you come off pregnancy Medicaid?

Quoting sabrinarose86: I am pregnant so I am on medicaid but before I didn't have any type of medical insurance. It was hard to get insurance. It is so expensive
sabrinarose86
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I'm going to have to I guess. I hope it isn't to hard

Quoting katiebug840204: Yes it is ridiculous. Are you going to look into the marketplace when you come off pregnancy Medicaid?

Quoting sabrinarose86: I am pregnant so I am on medicaid but before I didn't have any type of medical insurance. It was hard to get insurance. It is so expensive
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
We qualified for subsides but even with them we just don't have the extra money per month to fork out for it. I wish we did because I really need to be looked at(I have several problems going on) but what can you do?!

I hope you can get a good price when u apply! I'm sure if you qualify for pregnancy Medicaid you will qualify for some subsides!

Quoting sabrinarose86: I'm going to have to I guess. I hope it isn't to hard

Quoting katiebug840204: Yes it is ridiculous. Are you going to look into the marketplace when you come off pregnancy Medicaid?

Anonymously3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Nope

sabrinarose86
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no I hope you are able to get assistance and fund out what's wrong. Hope everything turns out ok and thanks I hope so too

Quoting katiebug840204: We qualified for subsides but even with them we just don't have the extra money per month to fork out for it. I wish we did because I really need to be looked at(I have several problems going on) but what can you do?!

I hope you can get a good price when u apply! I'm sure if you qualify for pregnancy Medicaid you will qualify for some subsides!

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Thanks! Good luck to you! :-)

Quoting sabrinarose86: Oh no I hope you are able to get assistance and fund out what's wrong. Hope everything turns out ok and thanks I hope so too

Quoting katiebug840204: We qualified for subsides but even with them we just don't have the extra money per month to fork out for it. I wish we did because I really need to be looked at(I have several problems going on) but what can you do?!

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Are you or have you looked Into the marketplace?

Quoting Anonymously3:

Nope

Karmahappens
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I have it on the marketplace. $50K a year income -$171 for insurance. My state expanded Medicaid and my son is on it for $30 a month.

Anonymously3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Nope and I won't.i just pay for any doctors or hospital bills out of pocket no big deal.

Quoting katiebug840204: Are you or have you looked Into the marketplace?
Quoting Anonymously3:

Nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)