Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ever been SO MAD at your husband that you'd set his/your house on fire?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
  • 14 Replies

D'IBERVILLE, MS (WLOX) -

The cause of that massive fire at Arbor View Apartments in D'Iberville is arson. That's according to authorities who revealed the news during a press conference at D'Iberville City Hall Wednesday afternoon.  Some D'Iberville residents were allowed back inside their fire-damaged homes at Arbor View Apartments Friday morning.

• Although Tuesday night's fire nearly destroyed an entire building; some tenants were able to recover a few personal belongings.The suspect accused of setting that fire is now behind bars, details were limited on the suspect, but officials say she's from California and worked in the service industry.

• A little more than a week after that fast moving apartment fire and already authorities say arson is what caused it. The person, who stands accused of starting that fire, is 25-year-old Krystal Danielle Gonzalez a resident of one of the units that burned. Authorities have not released details as to what led Gonzalez allegedly starting the fire.  

"Through our investigation, we developed a suspect we give the probable cause and underlying facts to a judge and he issued a warrant based upon those underlying facts. Ms. Gonzalez was arrested today without incident," said D'Iberville Police Chief Wayne Payne.  

Investigators say Gonzalez comes from California and lived with her boyfriend at the apartment. Victims who lived next to her say they saw her in passing, but never really spoke to her.

They never imagined their former neighbor would be accused of causing the destruction of everything they own.

"There are no words to describe somebody who would do something like that to somebody. Did she just not think about everybody else who lived there? Was she just thinking about herself," said victim Deanna Mcquillan.  

While many residents say they'll move on they say they'll never forget. Though residents are working to build their lives back up, the work for investigators is still ongoing.  

"To put it into an analogy of a football game, it's maybe half time. You know? So we have a lot more work to do. While we are pleased that we have progressed this far in the investigation, we still have a lot of work to do," said ATF agent Joel Lee.  

Gonzalez is being held at the Harrison County Adult Detention Center under $2 million bond. If convicted, police say she faces a minimum of 5 years to a maximum of 20 years in prison and would have to pay restitution.

Attorney Michael Crosby is representing Gonzalez, who is originally from California. He said authorities picked her up at his office just after 3pm.

"She is and has been cooperating with investigators," Crosby told WLOX News. "She had met with them for many hours on at least two occasions."

Arbor View Apartments managers say they do background checks on all potential residents and if a criminal record pops up the applicant is denied.

Copyright 2014 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Eta.,this couple lived together.They also had two roommates.Once this girl realized that the place was burning down she freaked out,and panicked trying to get out of her apartment.She even killed her own dogs in this fire.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:07 AM
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Replies (1-10):
    brandyblx
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:11 AM

Two of my coworkers lived in the apartment building she burnt down...They lost EVERYTHING,even their dogs.And she was just trying to "get back" at her boyfriend--So,she sets his clothes on fire INSIDE his apartment.And now,80 people are homeless!! Smdh

bad

brandyblx
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:12 AM

LINK

Picture of arsonist.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

frndlyfn
    by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Those darn people from California...... I giggled at how many times that was mentioned in article.   I despise when people have tunnel vision and destroy others in process.

Mrs.Pedro
    by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:38 AM
    What a stupid bitch. He'll no I wouldn't do something like that! They're are 72-ish apartments in my tower and I would never dream of putting them in danger like that! So incredibly selfish of her.
    brandyblx
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM

LOL.

It seems sort of impulsive,like something a 16 year old would do,kwim?She obviously didn't think any of it through.It's just messed up that so many people lost so much because of something so CHILDISH.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Those darn people from California...... I giggled at how many times that was mentioned in article.   I despise when people have tunnel vision and destroy others in process.

brandyblx
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:00 AM

BUMP!

beadingmom17
    by Rachel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM
    1 mom liked this
    Bitches be crazy!
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    MixedCooke
    by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:19 AM

No because his house is My house but I have bolted the door so he couldnt get in since it only could be unlocked from the inside!

RoseWall
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:04 AM
    He wasn't her husband... but people are capable of terrible deeds are they not?
    RoseWall
    by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:05 AM
    I feel your question though. I do.
    Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)