Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Stupid weather

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM
  • 13 Replies
I hate missouri. It's cold one day and hot the next. My kids have bad colds and I'm sure it's because of weather changing back and forth. Poor kids :(
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
withsecond
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
New England is like that as well. I've been sick and I'm guessing it's the flip flopping of the weather.
It was almost 50 yesterday and today, it's snowing.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
Typical mid-west. I'm in Michigan. It was 50s on Tuesday, 6 inches of snow yesterday, 20s today, and mid-40s tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I hope they feel better soon. :(

MomOfFour....
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Yea it was 70 here 2 days ago, yesterday it was in the 20 ' s and today it's 60 again. And thanks I hope they get better soon also . Spring break starts next week
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I live in the northeast and it's been the same way here. I'm so over it. It was 65 degrees on Tuesday and it's 29 degrees today!

momof2891
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like Mississippi. You can get a sunburn and hypothermia all in the same week. I have had an awful cold for close to two months.
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM

Yestrday was beautiful and felt like spring but today we are freezing our asses off and then tomororw and sat tease of spring but them back to cold weather.

trainlady
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Cold weather does not give your kids colds. What gives them colds is being exposed to other people with colds such as class rooms and places like that. Children should take vitamins and eat well all year long so that when they get into classrooms they can fend off the germs better. Most schools recirculate air insteaed of pumping out the old air and bringing in fresh air. So the same germs just go around the school from room to room. Out side PE is good for them to get fresh air in their lungs and whatever sunshine is out there because it has Vitamin D. Same with your house, step outside once or twice a day and get a couple of deep breaths of fresh air and cleanse your lungs. You'll feel better. You don't even have to go outside, just open the door and breathe in the clean air.

TS9509
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 4:28 PM
What part of MS are you from?

Quoting momof2891: Sounds like Mississippi. You can get a sunburn and hypothermia all in the same week. I have had an awful cold for close to two months.
momof2891
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Just outside Jackson. In January, we had two days of snow (which is rare this far down in the south) and temps in the 30s then a couple of days later, we had temps in the upper 50s. It's crazy. I've had the cold from hell for almost two months.

Quoting TS9509: What part of MS are you from?

Quoting momof2891: Sounds like Mississippi. You can get a sunburn and hypothermia all in the same week. I have had an awful cold for close to two months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)