Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My MIL wants me to get something to keep me from having kids

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM
  • 42 Replies
Hi there I'm new on here however I've got a question. My husband and I are very happily married and pregnant with our first child. I'm 31 weeks. We couldn't be happier. So today she texts me and says have I considered going on BC, getting my tubes tied after or getting my husband HER SON fixed because she feels like we don't need any more children because she said I need to lose weight and be there for my one child. She is such a ***hole. She is always trying to get into our lives but now I'm really ticked and I don't think her saying this to me is appropriate or her business! Let me know your thoughts ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrea0412us
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM
My MIL is the EXACT same way with me. I have just learned to ignore it. It's none of her business and it isn't her choice! Just talk to your DH and decide what is right for the 2 of you.
neveragain17
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh wow.. I would have texted back and said no we are planning our next baby as soon as I have this one.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM
6 moms liked this
I'd text her back and tell her to shove it up her ass. Or tell her Michelle Duggar is your idol and you plan to have tons of kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roundrocktxmom
by New Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Ignore her.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Not her business AT ALL!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymia
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this
After our third child, mil said that i should get my tubes tied. I told her that we wanted more children, and if we didn't, dh would get a vasectomy. She told me that, that wasn't fair to dh, because when he left me, his new wife may want to have kids with him. Ya, we're still together and that was 11 years ago.
Lavie74
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM

It's not her business. Ignore her. That is between you and your husband period.

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Did you show your husband? What did he say?
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

Yeah I would ignore her and limit exposure to the new baby when they come.  Hopefully your husband will be on your side and tell her in stronger terms to back off.

ForeverHis62415
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:45 PM
I know my in law family has expressed their opinions on our children situation. And honestly, though I listen, its not their decisions. Its a decision my husband and I will make with much prayer. So far we jave 3 girls. I truly believe God knows, and wont give me more than I cam handle. Yoy can tell your MIL "thanks for your advice, but that situation is a subject and matter that will be discussed privatly between me and SO." And leave it like that. Really it is none of their business. When a man marrys he is leaving his family to make his own, and if yall want 100 kids (im not saying you do just making a point) then that is yalls decision. Hope the subject gets lighter with her, and she can understand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN