Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are boys or girls easier to raise

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  • 49 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you think that boys or girls are easier to parent and why?

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaralynnStewart
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM
I have four girls (11,4,2, and 8mths) and no boys.

I have four nephews (4, 2 that are two and 3mths) and my nephews are VERY hyper, hard to keep up with and exhaust me.
Senile-felines
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I have two boys and 1 girl...dog..., yeah, she's pretty easy!! LOL
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:39 PM
5 moms liked this
I only have girls, however, I come from a family of 4 kids, evenly split. I asked my mom and her response was "they're challenging in their own ways. It basically boils down to boys are stupid and girls are mean. Because boys are stupid, you stress about what stupid thing they'll do next. Girls are sneaky and mean and that's what makes girls hard to raise. The teenage years suck for the same reasons, except then you have raging hormones thrown in"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeCY
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:39 PM

My mom always says that girls are easier because although they are dramatic as teens (although it seems like a lot of boys are now too) they are more willing to talk to you (even if they are yelling) so if you pay attention you at least have a clue what is going on.  She says that isn't the case with boys.

I only have a girl so far so I don't know.  Based on my nieces and nephews I would say girls. 

JenD_77
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:43 PM

Neither! I have two of each and each one had their hard and easy points and still go through those lil loop-de-loops of hard/easy rollercoasters.  My youngest (a girl) is my easiest one because she doesn't rely on anything to entertain herself if her siblings arent around but she is really smart and at 3 is starting to memorized letters (I'm sure someone will say their kid did it at 2 or something but it's awesome to me anyways). My oldest is a boy and I think he is only hard to handle because he is moving into those pre teen years and has attitude issues anyways, otherwise he was a great kid when he was younger, even climbing on counters and tryin to break things.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

It really just depends on the child and has nothing to do with gender. I have 2 girls and one boy. My girls are super emotional about things but my son is sensitive about other things. They're all different

welovec
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I would say girls, I have one of each and they are 27 months (boy), and a 16 month old girl, my daughter is way more challenging, and was a more difficult baby, but they are still young so that might change lol
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I've never raised girls. I wouldn't know.

N1ght1ngale
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I've got one of each.. My son to me is the easiest to raise. He is calm, steadfast, ingenious, level headed, a peace maker.. He hates fights, loves to study, and never wants to get married. His few friends call him the spoiler of the bunch because he won't let them do anything dangerous or illegal. My daughter..oh boy.. She takes after me. She tries dangerous stunts, fearless, hot tempered.. Quick to start a fight.. Even quicker to end one.. Falls in love constantly.. Falls out of love just as easily.. Snaps back.. Rolls her eyes.. Constantly being disciplined..use to sneak out until I grounded her for six months straight for that bs.. But for all that pent up energy, she hurts for he underdog, hates bullies, loves God and church, wants to marry a Christian boy someday, loves animals, wants to save every child and very animal from abuse..has no enemies.. 

My son is easy,, logical, level, loves silence, obscurity, peace.. My daughter is his opposite except on the love part.. And her love for others shines more fiercely than his does. 

So while I may find one easier, I certainly do not have a favorite.. In fact, if I ever had another child, IDE want a girl!

my2kidsmom9498
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM
They both have their issues!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)