Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Looking for a puppy for my 3 yr old :)

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am looking for a small breed dog prefferably a puppy for my three yr old. She lost her jack russell due to old age as i had him from a puppy when i was a kid. I told her that i would find her a new puppy to be friends with. At first she didnt like the idea but i explained to her that we all miss him and that maybe a new friend would make her feel better and she finally agreed. So now the search is on I live in Whitwell, TN and i can drive a little disteance but not too far. If anyone can help me on this it woould be much appreciated.

by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Presley77
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Please consider adopting! There are ao many dogs who need a home.
mamabeard3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I agree, also Australian sheep dogs are good if your DS has a boatload of energy.

Quoting Presley77: Please consider adopting! There are ao many dogs who need a home.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Definitely look into your local shelter. We adopted our little toy poodle/miniture schnauzer mix from the shelter, BEST DOG EVER. She is wonderful with my son. She is just the right size at 12 pounds. Not too small but definitely sturdy. She has tons of energy and loves to play.

Kt6713
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:36 PM

research local shelters and rescues in your area, there are always moms that get saved from shelters and they and their babies need foster homes until pups are old enough to be adopted themselves. i also wish you would consider older dogs as well, you would be teaching your child a very valuable lesson about not judging by appearance or age. old dogs deserve nice homes to end their days in too!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Presley77: Please consider adopting! There are ao many dogs who need a home.

This is a good idea!

I would do a search for rescues in your area!

withsecond
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Go to a shelter.
Lavie74
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:21 PM

also you can look on craigslist alot of time puppies are listed free as well.

Sampsonbitty
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Don't support breeders. You will find a wonderful companion at your local shelter:)

BNY
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM

Yes shelters or rescues! They have puppies, adults, small breed, large breed. And they are all in need of a home. I am also in TN and in animal rescue. If you want to send me a message I can help you find a new family member :)

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:37 AM

We have a cocker spaniel and she is great with kids.

Conner, Wyatt, and Tabitha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)