Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So the guy I have been seeing (who is not the baby daddy btw) told me he loved me the other night. It was over text so I am not sure if he was kidding. I just kinda played it off like he was. I am seriously his first gf =/  and the whole love thing is weird for me. Would it hurt your feelings if you meant it when you said it and the other person just acted like it was a joke? He doesn't seem hurt by it. But he has been acting weird. It's just weird for me being pregnant and being with him. I feel like he is getting really involved in the idea of me, him, and the baby even though it isn't his. Should I even be feeling weird bout that? Idk... 

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Replies (21-27):
maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Just take it slowly. If he is being honest with his feelings, you don't want to hurt him. A lot depends on how you feel. If you are not ready, be honest and tell him you want to move slowly. If you don't have feelings for him, then tell him.  As far as the baby is concerned, I don't see a real issue if he is willing to help raise it, knowing it already has a bio Dad. As long as there are no conflicts over the baby, I don't see an issue with that.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:15 PM
This.

Quoting 3xangel: What's the backstory? How far along are you? How long have you been with this guy? Do you honestly want to be in a relationship right now?
NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:03 PM

How do his parents feel?  If my son left college to raise a kid that wasnt his own I would hate that bitch for the rest of her days.  Seriously I would make their life a living hell because if she gave a DAMN about my son she would make sure he finished school.  

Nothing is more important in our family as a young person as getting your education.  Its what can make or break the rest of your life.  If it was meant to be he can go off and finish school and be better prepared to be a mate in a couple years.  

If his family is not supportive of your relationship your life will be terrible.  

Racheldp20
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:14 PM

This reminds me of the movie "Back Up Plan." Lol, it's a cute one, you should watch it if you haven't already. If I were you I would just follow my heart. Don't worry about holding him back - that's his choice. Do what feels right and don't push him away if it's something you might regret.

Zipcrystal
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

That's a good question and I agree with you. I would never ever want my son to choose a girl and her kid over school, EVER. I actually do not think they know about me O.o which is understandable. I think his sister knows he has a gf but doesn't know that I am pregnant with someone elses kid. so kinda weird....but I don't want either of us to give up school honestly and that is something that we need to talk about. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

How do his parents feel?  If my son left college to raise a kid that wasnt his own I would hate that bitch for the rest of her days.  Seriously I would make their life a living hell because if she gave a DAMN about my son she would make sure he finished school.  

Nothing is more important in our family as a young person as getting your education.  Its what can make or break the rest of your life.  If it was meant to be he can go off and finish school and be better prepared to be a mate in a couple years.  

If his family is not supportive of your relationship your life will be terrible.  

Zipcrystal
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM

I'm going to have to watch that lol. I think that we just need to talk about school and if we are staying together if we go off to different schools. 

Quoting Racheldp20:

This reminds me of the movie "Back Up Plan." Lol, it's a cute one, you should watch it if you haven't already. If I were you I would just follow my heart. Don't worry about holding him back - that's his choice. Do what feels right and don't push him away if it's something you might regret.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:36 PM

You have to be the mature one here. He does sound as though he is in love with the idea of being in love.  Laughing it off sometimes comes across as being playful, which sometimes intrigues a guy and makes him even more interested. Let him finish his education and then see if he feels the same way. You'll have to be firm with him.

Quoting Zipcrystal:

So the guy I have been seeing (who is not the baby daddy btw) told me he loved me the other night. It was over text so I am not sure if he was kidding. I just kinda played it off like he was. I am seriously his first gf =/  and the whole love thing is weird for me. Would it hurt your feelings if you meant it when you said it and the other person just acted like it was a joke? He doesn't seem hurt by it. But he has been acting weird. It's just weird for me being pregnant and being with him. I feel like he is getting really involved in the idea of me, him, and the baby even though it isn't his. Should I even be feeling weird bout that? Idk... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN