Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby colds

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
Hi everyone this is my first time using this.im hoping for some help. My baby is 5 months old she has a cold and just keeps coughing.the coughing is so bad it keeps her up all night long. Everyone says there is nothing I can do but it's at the point where it sounds like she is losing her voice. Pls help is there anything I can do.my heart is breaking for her
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Outspoken.Mime
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Take

her

to

the

doctor

TaylorMom814
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Dealing with this with my 7 mon old. Took her to the doc twice and really they can't do anything. Vicks vapor rub on chest and feet should help a bit.
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Take her to the doctor I think in babies that small its always better safe than sorry.
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Put a humidifier in her room. Vicks BabyRub is nice - the adult stuff is a counter-irritant and not good for tiny airways, so make sure it's babyrub. Eucalyptus, rosemary, and lavender are the "active" ingredients.

For now, take her into the bathroom and shut the door. Turn the shower on hot to steam up the room and sit in the room for a bit. Gently clap on her back and chest (like burping - firm but not hard) to help loosen congestion from the chest walls so she can bring it up easier.

arunavenkatesh
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM
give her to tulasi rasa or sathuri balls
arunavenkatesh
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:30 PM
give her to tulasi rasa or sathuri balls
lindsey546
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I have brought her to the Dr multiple times for the same issue . They keep saying she is fine.
Thank you mom's for the tips. My humidifier is on I'm gonna try the shower trick next.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)