Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My poor baby has croup

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
He seems to be in good spirits but he sounds aweful. We took him to the ER and he got a steroid. Poor baby was really struggling to breathe! I've dealt with this before with my other two and the daycare but it still scary.

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lottie925
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Ok, yay for the steroid!
B. Is it cold where you are? If the baby is in a coughing fit and struggling? Wrap him in a blanket and go into the cold night air to calm it.

Feel better lil man!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:05 PM

He is pointing to his owie :( That is the puppy he got at the hospital
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:07 PM
Thank you! I am alternating the cold and steamy bathroom. Its 10* where we are though :/

Quoting Lottie925: Ok, yay for the steroid!
B. Is it cold where you are? If the baby is in a coughing fit and struggling? Wrap him in a blanket and go into the cold night air to calm it.

Feel better lil man!
Katt709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Aww poor lil guy. I'm sorry. I know it's scary. My oldest (4 now) gets croup twice a year. We just got over it. Just listening to him breath scares me. Hope that steroid works as well as ours did!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Does she have a neb?

Quoting Katt709: Aww poor lil guy. I'm sorry. I know it's scary. My oldest (4 now) gets croup twice a year. We just got over it. Just listening to him breath scares me. Hope that steroid works as well as ours did!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I mean he! Sorry

Quoting Katt709: Aww poor lil guy. I'm sorry. I know it's scary. My oldest (4 now) gets croup twice a year. We just got over it. Just listening to him breath scares me. Hope that steroid works as well as ours did!
jaxons_mama
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Aw poor lil guy. Hope he feels better soon! Btw he is a cutie!!!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM
thanks

Quoting jaxons_mama: Aw poor lil guy. Hope he feels better soon! Btw he is a cutie!!!
Momma182
by Traci on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Poor guy. Hope he feels better soon
Katt709
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM
No he doesn't. His doctor said it wouldn't help. But I have an inhaler and I let him use it. I think it really helps. We have a new doctor this year. So I'm hoping that if he gets it again they'll give him a nebulizer. They wanted to try the steroids first. Which worked. But it wasn't fast acting. The inhaler worked quickly.

*im not in any way saying you should ever use meds prescribed for someone else*.

Quoting wonderwomanT08: Does she have a neb?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)