Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

First time momma to be and a first time step mom.

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi! My name is Chelsea. I'm 23 and pregnant with my first child. My husband has a son from a previous (big mistake of a) relationship and he is two years old and will be three in June. He's great! You know, when he's not being a mean two year old. Hahah.

My husband has nine nieces and nephews, and that includes children from previous marriages. So we have a big family.
I joined this website because I find it difficult to talk to my husband or the one sister in law I usually talk to.

I suffer from anxiety and depression so lots of things are really rough on me right now. I'm just hoping to find some encouraging words and friends that know what I'm going through.

In more detail:

Lke I said, I'm a first time parent and although I've been around kids a lot, I fear my depression, anxiety and lack of patience on top of my pregnancy hormones and aches are really getting the best of me.
I don't feel up to the task of watching Xander and his mom has exhausted her options. Including daycare. (She's not really a good parent. And I don't just say that because I'm with her ex. Many people agree. She's 21, young and dumb and only concerned about herself.)
Now that we will be having him more and my husband is always working nights or at school, my mother in law is going through some health problems, and Xander's other grandma is busy with her own kids, I feel like it's all going to be pushed on me. Now I know what some people are thinking--I signed up for this marrying in to this family. Believe me, I know. But I also feel that I deserve time to relax and be stress free. Which seems inescapable in many aspects of our life. I'm terrified that my stress levels and chasing after a two year old will hurt my baby and myself. I've expressed this to Jon and his sister but no one seems to get it. They've all grown up around different kids and helped raise the younger ones. It's what they're used to. And I'm just not. I don't think it's fair and I'm not exactly sure what to do...
Does anyone know what I'm going through? :/
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bellydancer1984
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

wow that sounds like a lot going on at once!! how far along are you?

chelseaxelliott
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Yeah it's a LOT. especially now that Jon's mom is having surgery this week some time.

I'll be 19 weeks on Friday.
bellydancer1984
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM

i will be 18 weeks on wed.! you are due the end of aug then?

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Yeah it's a LOT. especially now that Jon's mom is having surgery this week some time. I'll be 19 weeks on Friday.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) that is a lot!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs! At least your recognize that it could be hormonal.  Don't let the little things bug you. Make sure you keep him busy so he doesn't add to your stress. Good luck!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

chelseaxelliott
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Mid August...like August 13th. They changed the due date to sooner.

Congrats.

Quoting bellydancer1984:

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Yeah it's a LOT. especially now that Jon's mom is having surgery this week some time.

bellydancer1984
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM

right it would be mid aug...they changed mine and moved it up too...i don't have the same stuff going on as you but i do understand the whole one thing after another...are you able to have some time to yourself? just to relax and destress a bit?

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Mid August...like August 13th. They changed the due date to sooner. Congrats.
Quoting bellydancer1984:

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Yeah it's a LOT. especially now that Jon's mom is having surgery this week some time. I'll be 19 weeks on Friday.

chelseaxelliott
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I usually do have time throughout the week. But this week starts where he can only go to daycare two days out of the week. And my mother in law can't help because she is going to have to get surgery. So I don't know what's going to happen at this point.

I wrote my husband a long note letting him know exactly how I feel about everything. He's just now reading it though.

We'll see how this pans out. Everything is just being forced on me by everyone. It isn't fair. We all have our own stresses of different caliburs but apparently mine isn't a big deal to anyone. *shrug*

Quoting bellydancer1984:

right it would be mid aug...they changed mine and moved it up too...i don't have the same stuff going on as you but i do understand the whole one thing after another...are you able to have some time to yourself? just to relax and destress a bit?

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Mid August...like August 13th. They changed the due date to sooner.

Congrats.

Quoting bellydancer1984:

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Yeah it's a LOT. especially now that Jon's mom is having surgery this week some time.

bellydancer1984
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

it is really annoying when the stuff that is bugging you or weighing on you the most seems like nothing to the people who you want it to matter to...i hope your husband is helpful after reading how you are feeling. 

Quoting chelseaxelliott: I usually do have time throughout the week. But this week starts where he can only go to daycare two days out of the week. And my mother in law can't help because she is going to have to get surgery. So I don't know what's going to happen at this point. I wrote my husband a long note letting him know exactly how I feel about everything. He's just now reading it though. We'll see how this pans out. Everything is just being forced on me by everyone. It isn't fair. We all have our own stresses of different caliburs but apparently mine isn't a big deal to anyone. *shrug*
Quoting bellydancer1984:

Quoting chelseaxelliott: Mid August...like August 13th. They changed the due date to sooner. Congrats.
Quoting bellydancer1984:

chelseaxelliott
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:18 PM
He does what he's able to. But the way his kids mom is...if something doesn't go her way, she threatens to take him to court and all that fun junk. It's a mess, really. Ah well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)