Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Rude??? Yes or No???

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM
  • 37 Replies

My DD had a baby almost two years ago..She had a girl..I threw her a baby shower..well now she is due in June with twin boys..and she wants a baby shower again plus I thought about throwing her one anyways since it's twin boys this time...so the question is would this be rude to have another baby shower?????  Someone said it would be..just because it sounds like she is out for freebies...

by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:51 AM
9 moms liked this
I believe every baby should be celebrated. It's common around here for a shower to be thrown for every baby.
abrine7673
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:52 AM
No. It would be rude if she popped them out every 9 months and expected it. But as long as she isn't expecting everyone to buy big items (usually second showers are only smaller things like diapers and clothes) then how would come off as rude.
Karmahappens
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Yes she can have another shower. But strictly speaking it shouldn't be thrown by the Mom or the Grandmother.

Unless there is a specail reason. Get someone else to be the official hostess if possible.

Hosts and Honorees

Traditionally, close friends, cousins, aunts, sisters-in-law, or coworkers of the mother-to-be hosted baby showers.   Because gifts are central to showers, hosting by a member of the honoree's (or husband's) immediate family appeared self-serving. Today it is appropriate for anyone to host a baby shower as long as there's a legitimate reason. For example, some parents-to-be live far from their hometowns, and their mothers and siblings want to host a shower so that longtime friends can attend.

Encore Baby Showers:

Is it proper to give a baby shower for a second baby? Some say that baby showers should only be given for the first born.

SL_babyshowerquestion_WOIt's fine to have a baby shower for a second or third baby. Immediate family and very close friends are usually included, but otherwise choose guests who did not attend a shower for a previous child.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM
5 moms liked this
Do whatever you want who cares about what people think
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:44 AM

My feelings exactly, but it is an accepted practice. I also agree that every baby should be celebrated.

Quoting starreyedcutie: Do whatever you want who cares about what people think

ljmom24
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I'm not a fan of them unless there is a large gap in kids or in this case with twins think looking for freebies is totally understandable. My sister had twins 5 years after her other DD but we did the shower after the babies were born so it was more a meet and great.

Molimomma
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Not rude at all. Especially when expecting twins! Obviously she can reuse the 1 crib but there are plenty of other things still needed, especially since these are boys. I wouldn't think it was rude at all.

TheMommaJessie
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:35 PM

a baby shower is to celebrate new life and help the parents to be with things they may need plus it is fun. go ahead with one.

cali_angel_girl
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:03 PM

That's how it is in my family as well.  Even if we don't do an actual shower we still do something to celebrate baby.

Quoting bmw29: I believe every baby should be celebrated. It's common around here for a shower to be thrown for every baby.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course it's not rude! It's not about getting things...it's about celebrating a baby's birth!! It's way different for her this time too...she has a girl alreAdy....now she is having a boy..two boys at that!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN