Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Positive hope for anxiety and palpatations. please be respectful

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have been dealing with anxiety for about a year now after a house fire and having a adult son with a mental illness plus trying to maintain my full time job between theraphy and taking care of the household it seems overwhelming at times. I try to keep the faith and say my prayers listen to gospel and music I have started exercising and watching what I eat but the palpatations are very scarey ive had test done to rule out any health issues but they were negative. I just want these palpatations to go away it has me feeling panic cant sleep ect. Has anyone experienced these palpataions/anxiety? God Bless
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
friendlymom5
by Lisa on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I deal with it a lot. I am on meds and that helps also therapy and trying to learn coping skills. I'm still pretty bad at times. I haven't left the house in days and dreading that I have to leave and go somewhere tommorow. I will send prayers your way. Hugs.
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to someone read a book that will engage your mind from that sensation. I've heard women on here saying valarian root spl? Has helped them greatly w panic attacks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Also hope and healing for your nerves by claire weekes is a fantastic book!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of_3_
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I take a small dose of a blood pressure medication for symptoms just as you describe. My palpitations are not so bad but the anxiety was unbearable

I hope you find something that works
sierra5625
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had severe anxiety/ panic disorder for about 5 years now. It got so bad that I couldn't leave the house. I had to teach myself to talk inside my head and say I'm not going to die, it's okay, it's all in your head. No medication worked for me, but I finally found the right one! Its called buspirone, it's magic! I as for the heart palpitations, they can be very scary, I always thought something would happen to me while. In public or sleeping. Once again, I had to tell myself repeatedly that it was okay, it was all in mg head and I was being silly . Over and over until I calmed down. Distraction is the best thing you can do for yourself.
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I have PVCs and was told to stay WAY away from caffeine. If you use it, cut it out completely. It's an anxiety trigger on top of messing with your heart.

BNY
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have dealt with panic attacks. I would suggest going to your family doctor and getting on something for anxiety. I have been given 2 different prescritions and they are lifesavers. Have helped tremendously. I'm sorry you are going through so much. I pray things get better for you. Do you have anyone you can talk to and sort of vent your problems? That can also help, just releasing your problems out into the open. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to PM me.

who-am-I-2014
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

i had the same thing and i got put on medication for bipolar, mood disorder, and post traumatic stress disorder  talk to different doctors

who-am-I-2014
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this

concentrate on the second hand of the clock. breathe in til 4 hold it 4 and blow out 8 seconds of air neck exercises

MsLatreceMommy
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:07 PM
thanks everyone for the positive response i do go to theraphy twice a week that helps but when the night come all is quiet and still thats when they come like contractions back to back im scared of all those side affects from meds i wish there was something all natural i could take with the least side effects just at night to help calm me down im ok during the day work full time enjoy working but when the night comes ....smh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)