Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help my 5 month old son is fighting

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I'm a first time mom. My 5 month old son is fighting me to take a nap. He acts very tired and when I try to put him down he sreams and fights me. What do I do???? Help!!
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Bump
fostermommy1
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Maybe hold him until he falls asleep and then put him down?  That's what I do.  I also talk quietly to my 9mo, I tell her she's a sleepy girl and she needs to sleep.  I use a sing song sort of tone with it, and talk very quietly.  Good luck, that one is a killer because you know they are tired and they just fight and cry.  Heartbreaking.  Good luck!

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Have you tried putting him down before he's overly tired? Is there a time of day when he seems the most tired? If so, shortly before he reaches that point, give him a bottle or nurse him and put him down. It will help with the fighting of sleep.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM

He could be getting too much sleep. How many naps does he get. It may be time to eliminate one or keep him up later. This age is all about activity for them and seeing things. Experiencing things. So they tend to need less sleep!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM

I always had to hold my kids and rock them to get them to fall asleep.  Sometimes laying down on the bed with them would help as well.

NDADanceMom
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I dont try to get my 4 month old to nap.  she falls asleep at random times and I let her stay sleeping.  

ccahoney
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Depends if this is a normal occurrence. If it is, make sure his needs are met (clean diaper, full tummy, etc) and either cuddle with him for a bit and try laying him down, or lay him down and try letting him just tire himself out. He's probably either so exhausted (and it's past his threshold) or he's not tired and doesn't need the rest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)