Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hotspots?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
Anyone have a portable hotspot? Do you like it? Was the device affordable? Is the monthly price affordable? How about the service?
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM

My phone has one built in. Never used it we'll be trying it out when we move though.

Quoting briellesmomma: Anyone have a mobile hotspot? Do you like it? Was the device affordable? Is the monthly price affordable? How about the service?

briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I meant portable lol. I hate mobile hotshots. Let me change that.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

My phone has one built in. Never used it we'll be trying it out when we move though.

Quoting briellesmomma: Anyone have a mobile hotspot? Do you like it? Was the device affordable? Is the monthly price affordable? How about the service?

briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:25 PM
FYI, if you have something like Verizon or sprint, your service will be fantastic using a mobile hotshot.

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

MamaJess9
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:25 PM
What is the difference between a mobile hot spot and a portable hot spot?
briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Mobile hot spots suck.

Seriously though, mobile is through your phone and usually isn't that strong and portable is through a device and is actually like walking around with a Wi-Fi router.

Quoting MamaJess9: What is the difference between a mobile hot spot and a portable hot spot?
mum2wyatt
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM
My Dh has one for his work computer & loves it. It works everywhere. It is through Verizon called "my fi". It is very affordable. It is like adding another line to our plan. It is $20/mo & we share data.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)