Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A post about music...what kind do you like?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM
  • 22 Replies

I am looking for new music to add to my library. I've been listening to the same 20 or so songs for months now, and I'm tired of them. But I don't really know what to download.

I used to listen to R&B, Hip hop, rap...but I'm not really into that so much anymore. I immersed myself in that genre for years, I feel like I've heard it all. I want something new, something fresh. I want a new genre to obsess over. lol

I also went through a metal phase...I don't mind more melodic groups like Avenged Sevenfold (if you would call that metal), but I don't want anything hardcore. Also - NO TECHNO. If it's got anything that could be described as a "club beat", don't bother. That isn't music, it's computer generated noise. (Dated myself with that sentence, huh? lol) I like rock music a lot, pretty much all kinds. Pop...that's hit and miss. Some I like, some I hate.

So what do you listen to? What type of music? What bands, what singers? What would you recommend for someone looking to branch out and listen to something new? You ladies are an eclectic group, so I figured this was a good place to ask.

So...music recommendations. Go!

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaRae85
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I watched, like 28 zillion different videos of "Skinny Love" last night. lol I love Bon Iver.

I like songs from almost every genre. I go through phases. Right now I'm a little obsessed with Justin Timberlakes "Mirrors".

I know, these songs have been out forever. Just wait til I start listening to Frank Sinatra again! lol

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
We listen to Red Dirt/Texas Music more than anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Quoting MamaRae85:

I watched, like 28 zillion different videos of "Skinny Love" last night. lol I love Bon Iver.

I like songs from almost every genre. I go through phases. Right now I'm a little obsessed with Justin Timberlakes "Mirrors".

I know, these songs have been out forever. Just wait til I start listening to Frank Sinatra again! lol

I love me some Frank! Nothing wrong with enjoying the classics. Etta James is one of my go-to artists. :)

Why123
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM

The last cd I bought was The Best of Andre Rieu.  I like classical music.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Country
Pop
Todays hits
Soft rock
A like a lot of music. Just depends on the mood.
onethentwins
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:44 PM

I like indie and brit pop. You've probably heard The Artic Monkey's latest on the radio:

and maybe Noal Gallagher's High Flying Birds (formally of Oasis):

midcinn12
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:53 PM

i like 80's like Bon Jovi etc., a really good band (if you don't mind christian music) is Skillet or Mandisa. :) So many but yet my mind went blank.

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Have you listened to post hardcore? It's not really heavy. There's bands like Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, also bands like All Time Low, Mayday Parade, A Day To Remember. Saving Abel, My darkest days, Bullet for my Valentine, three days grace, crossfade, newer shinedown. I'm trying to think, I usually listen totthe heavier stuff. OH SafetySuit AMAZING band.
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM

Quoting BIMOM21: Have you listened to post hardcore? It's not really heavy. There's bands like Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, also bands like All Time Low, Mayday Parade, A Day To Remember. Saving Abel, My darkest days, Bullet for my Valentine, three days grace, crossfade, newer shinedown. I'm trying to think, I usually listen totthe heavier stuff. OH SafetySuit AMAZING band.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll start Googling and see what I think!

lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:57 PM
My recent obsession is pierce the veil bulletproof love great great song. The lonely island is also amazing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)