Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

(dogs) anyone have any experience with pit bulls?

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM
  • 144 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is our new fur baby. The S/O bought her for my dd. She is 5 weeks old. Anyone know anything about them? Everyone says such bad things but the vet said they are rarely naturally aggressive. Any advice would be awesome.

Edit: for those curious as to why we have her so early, the mother stopped feeding them. The owner had to get rid of them. She eats well and my vet is advising me on how to care for her.

Wow I never thought I'd get this many responses. Especially positive feedback. Thanks so much for the advice! I have already called petsmart for prices on training. They will be getting back to me to give me more information. I'm also doing more research. To the few that have negative comments I don't really care that you think I shouldn't have a pit bull around my kids. I will be keeping a close eye on things.
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Bump
TheFairest
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:05 PM
9 moms liked this
Don't cut her tail or ears. They are very sweet dogs, all depends on how they're raised, haha like children ;)
evilangel198431
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:08 PM
No. We don't want to cut anything. It's cruel and I won't do that

Quoting TheFairest: Don't cut her tail or ears. They are very sweet dogs, all depends on how they're raised, haha like children ;)
Queenme101
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM
3 moms liked this
They need A LOT of excersize as they are high energy dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheFairest
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Good, plus her tail is a big indicator on her mood. My sister had a blue nose and we can tell when she's happy or not by her tail.

Quoting evilangel198431: No. We don't want to cut anything. It's cruel and I won't do that

Quoting TheFairest: Don't cut her tail or ears. They are very sweet dogs, all depends on how they're raised, haha like children ;)
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:10 PM

You wouldn't want the advice I would give. I know that not all of them are bad but I personally can't stand the breed. I have scars from pit bull attacks. 

Conner, Wyatt, and Tabitha

Andylund
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I have 4 :) I love them way good pups my baby gets mad if we don't go to bed when she says it's bed time
Andylund
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
This is her it's time to go to bed look
Queenme101
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:13 PM
She looks like the bigger version of mine :)

Quoting Andylund:

Mobile Photo

I have 4 :) I love them way good pups my baby gets mad if we don't go to bed when she says it's bed time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deputygirls28
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Why do you have a 5 week old puppy? That is too soon to be away from the mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)