Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dh thinks its weird

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
That I read books on being frugal, housekeeping, being a housewife, and such. Accountants/businessman read other books about accounting/business after finishing school, I don't see the difference. Is it really that strange?
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meagan517
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM
It's not silly at all. He should like that he has a wife that cares about how to save money and be a great wife
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Not strange at all. It makes sense to want to learn as much as you can about what interests you.

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
He says he doesn't understand it because I should already know how to be a housewife, it can't be that hard.

Quoting meagan517: It's not silly at all. He should like that he has a wife that cares about how to save money and be a great wife
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am curious, what does a book about being a housewife consists off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meagan517
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
Being a housewife and stay at home mom is a lot of work and it's helpful to read how to stay positive and not get bored with the same routine

Quoting goodnightmama: He says he doesn't understand it because I should already know how to be a housewife, it can't be that hard.

Quoting meagan517: It's not silly at all. He should like that he has a wife that cares about how to save money and be a great wife
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Different ideas and routines and such to do things around the house, how to save time and money around the house and things like that

Quoting lapcounter: I am curious, what does a book about being a housewife consists off?
taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM

I don't think it's odd.  I had a book when I was younger that gave good cleaning tips as in what to clean first or how to schedule it so you aren't overwhelmed.  I knew how to schedule myself but the tips were helpful.  I can't really remember them now but my life is different now anyway.

RitaTequila531
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Me too

Quoting lapcounter: I am curious, what does a book about being a housewife consists off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwifenmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:58 PM
I don't find it odd
Brandibee_5
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:01 PM
This is why women are smarter than men. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)