Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dandruff??

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
What do you do to get rid of it on you or your kiddos?
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashleytray101
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Tea tree oil helps or head n shoulders
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Thanks!

Quoting Ashleytray101: Tea tree oil helps or head n shoulders
Pnukey
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Head & Shoulders works just fine.

Now, when DD was about 9 or 10, I thought she had bad dandruff, so while at the dermatologist for other reasons, I asked the doc to look at her head, and it wasn't dandruff. She just wasn't washing all the shampoo out of her hair and it was shampoo flakes. Ew.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that is my ds's problem :/ thanks!

Quoting Pnukey:

Head & Shoulders works just fine.

Now, when DD was about 9 or 10, I thought she had bad dandruff, so while at the dermatologist for other reasons, I asked the doc to look at her head, and it wasn't dandruff. She just wasn't washing all the shampoo out of her hair and it was shampoo flakes. Ew.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I don't remember the ratio but basically a mix of ACV and water.  After shampooing you rinse with the acv/water mixture.

BoopBettyBoop
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Tea tree oil in your shampoo helps, but make sure that your shampoo doens't have chemicals / toxins in it that can counteract the benefits of the oil.  My daughter had this problem and started using a shampoo with tea tree oil in and and it went away and the shampoo leaves her hair feeling so soft and looking healthy!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom always did 1/2 c vinegar 1/2 c water. But wanted to see what else there was haha. Dont like smelling like something pickled lol

Quoting taKENheart:

I don't remember the ratio but basically a mix of ACV and water.  After shampooing you rinse with the acv/water mixture.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

laughing LOL
I read you can crush 2 aspirins and put it in the shampoo you'll use each time.  I don't know if that works though.
Also you can wash with baking soda instead of your shampoo for a few weeks.  I have not done either of these though.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: My mom always did 1/2 c vinegar 1/2 c water. But wanted to see what else there was haha. Dont like smelling like something pickled lol
Quoting taKENheart:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Think I will stay away from those lol. Thanks for the advice either way lol..

Quoting taKENheart:

laughing LOL I read you can crush 2 aspirins and put it in the shampoo you'll use each time.  I don't know if that works though.Also you can wash with baking soda instead of your shampoo for a few weeks.  I have not done either of these though.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: My mom always did 1/2 c vinegar 1/2 c water. But wanted to see what else there was haha. Dont like smelling like something pickled lol

Quoting taKENheart:

Ktlady32
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a hairdresser and Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo clears it up every time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)