Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

BANNING SpongeBob??? **EDIT to ADD**

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM
  • 571 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was just talking to a friend and she told me that SpongeBob is not allowed in her house!

My kids watch SpongeBob all the time! 

What's wrong with the show? I never pay attention to it when it's on. I think it just looks like a silly show.

Do you allow SpongeBob in your home - or is it banned?

EDIT TO ADD:
I asked my 10 yr old daughter if she thought the show was inappropriate.  She said no and wanted to know why I'd think that.  I told her that a lot of moms ban the show in their homes and that they're worried about their kids acting like the characters. 

She laughed and said, "If their kids act like the characters, they shouldn't watch the show!!" 

So, maybe SpongeBob is one opportunity that moms can use to teach kids not to act like characters on tv!  Then, you don't have to worry about their behavior changing and you won't have to ban so many shows. 

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IHaveFrogLegs
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM
9 moms liked this

Spongebob is banned in my home until my children are older. A lot of other shows are banned as well. some to never be watched.

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM
15 moms liked this
No SpongeBob here. I try to stay away from crude humor. With three boys they don't need any help in that department. Boys are such strange creatures! Mine are 6, 5, & 4.

I don't have a problem with it for other people. It just isn't something for our house at their age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM
9 moms liked this
Spongebob has never been allowed in my home...I hate his voice.
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:26 AM
4 moms liked this

My daughter is 3 and I have never banned a show from our home. 

weeping_angel
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM
2 moms liked this
We watch it
bubble_guts
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I think it's pretty awful.
Lots of disrespect and name calling.

But, our 6yr old watches it. He just knows better than to call me a jerk or something lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outer.banks
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM

DS is 14 and loves the show.  I know grown men that even love it, not dH thank goodness.   I have never sat down and watched an episode, no desire.  I don't encourage DS to watch the show and never buy any of the merchandising but if DS is home sick or something I don't mind him watching.  Just a little mind candy I guess to pass the time.  

trollin.all.day
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:28 AM
30 moms liked this
SpongeBob is fine. People are dramatic.
jean_marie1987
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:32 AM
8 moms liked this

This. And it doesn't have any educational or moral purposes.

Quoting mcginnisc: Spongebob has never been allowed in my home...I hate his voice.

TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:33 AM
7 moms liked this
I've seen it, my husband has seen it, and we both agree that it is not allowed in our home. It's a horrible show.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)