Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Head lice

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am so damn sick of it. First off my kids had it then my step daughters were INFESTED with it when they came over the first week of Feb. my ex husband is being an asshole saying I I don't get ride of it he will get custody of the girls. Ugh. I'm at my wits end. I've vaccumed and washed and treated and combed then they get it right back.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Do you know the source? My girls both had it a few years ago. Thick ass hair too.

I washed everything like a psycho, sprayed and I literally combed their hair with the lice comb every other day for over 2 months.

Now I use a lice resistance spray very day. I've drilled Into them to not share jackets, anything for hair ect.

I'm a nervous wreck about it.

He needs to treat it at his house also.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Been there done that last yr. Its awful!!!! I hate it. We used everything finally since nothing worked went to the doc and got what thdy give. Its called lice free spray. Spray it in the hair leave it in for an hr. We left it in longer then wash it out. Works amazing! You can buy it at walgreen and walmart too! Good luck i know your pain!
gspot
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Wash everything, spray everything even the joints of the beds. Bag all toys till washed eith bleach. Wash all stuffed animals. Comb their hair repeatedly. I had to deal with repeated infestation withmy niece. I would spend an hour at a time sitting in the sun combing out her hair while my sister cleaned the house. Dont forget to clean yiur car. You can also call the dr. They sometimes can givecyou stuff to help treat it. Then wash everyones hair with head and shoulders shampoo. At least twice a week from now on. It has the same main ingredient as lice shampoo only not as high a concentration. It will help prevent reinfestation.
ArmyWifey2013
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:33 PM
did you bag up all stuffed animals and blankets? after treating their hair coat it in mayonnaise and cover with a bag to sleep in
gspot
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Hope this all helps. Sometimes the smallest thing missed is the one the is the issue. It is very frustrating and stressfull. Good luck. Also make sure your ex is cleaning his place.

Quoting gspot: Wash everything, spray everything even the joints of the beds. Bag all toys till washed eith bleach. Wash all stuffed animals. Comb their hair repeatedly. I had to deal with repeated infestation withmy niece. I would spend an hour at a time sitting in the sun combing out her hair while my sister cleaned the house. Dont forget to clean yiur car. You can also call the dr. They sometimes can givecyou stuff to help treat it. Then wash everyones hair with head and shoulders shampoo. At least twice a week from now on. It has the same main ingredient as lice shampoo only not as high a concentration. It will help prevent reinfestation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)