Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Cyst?! *PIOG*

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

I posted on here last night about all these weird symptoms I was having like pain in my lower right side etc.  I went to the doctor today and she examined me and sure enough I have a cyst on my ovary that she figures is approximately 4.5cm.  I am going for an ultrasound tomorrow.  What confuses the living heck out of me is Im on birth control, Alesse to be exact!!  How the heck did I develop a cyst while on birth control?!  I thought you do not ovulate?  Has anyone in here had a ovarian cyst while being on birth control?

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheFairest
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Yes, I have the Mirena and I have a small cyst on my left ovary, the dr said it would go away when I remove the iud.
Mamabear94
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM
I had the same problem! I had mirena and I started bleeding down there. Like a lot of blood. I went to the doctor and she said that I had a cyst on my ovary. She recommended that I just take the mirena out, which I did. The bleeding and cyst went away. Now I have the nuva ring birth control.
nervousmommytob
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Hmmm so I suppose the pill could also cause these.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I know birth control pills help control it because of the hormones. I've never had one that I know of but it sounds painful
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM

You can have a cyst whenever.

I currently have one 12cms that is still growing and I am almost 24 weeks pregnant. The only way to get the cyst out is to have an open surgery. :|

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Hunter Xavier:--:EDD 7-12-14:-

baby development

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Cysts can happen regardless.I've had cysts while on BC pills but I get them despite being on or off them.

nervousmommytob
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Oh wow that sounds terrible! I hope it does not cause you too much discomfort. Well I guess its possible at all times then.
Yikes gives me no hope lol as I am planning to go off the pill in two months to TTC

Quoting iHEAVENn:

I currently have one 12cms that is still growing and I am almost 24 weeks pregnant. The only way to get the cyst out is to have an open surgery. :|

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:02 AM

The only reason I found out about it is because I had what seriously felt like a non stop contraction pain for an entire day on feb 27th.... Since then the pain has stayed.. :(  

Luckily the cyst is not affecting the baby at all.. they are going to do another ultrasound in about 7 weeks to check on the size of the cyst and determine when they need to take both baby and cyst/ovary out. 

Quoting nervousmommytob: Oh wow that sounds terrible! I hope it does not cause you too much discomfort. Well I guess its possible at all times then. Yikes gives me no hope lol as I am planning to go off the pill in two months to TTC
Quoting iHEAVENn:

baby development

nervousmommytob
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Ovary?!?? I asked my Dr worstcase scenrio and that was not one of them!!! Granted I have major anxiety over health stuff so maybe that is why she left it out lol... I hope all goes well for you!

Quoting iHEAVENn:

The only reason I found out about it is because I had what seriously felt like a non stop contraction pain for an entire day on feb 27th.... Since then the pain has stayed.. :(  

Luckily the cyst is not affecting the baby at all.. they are going to do another ultrasound in about 7 weeks to check on the size of the cyst and determine when they need to take both baby and cyst/ovary out. 

Quoting nervousmommytob: Oh wow that sounds terrible! I hope it does not cause you too much discomfort. Well I guess its possible at all times then.
Yikes gives me no hope lol as I am planning to go off the pill in two months to TTC

Quoting iHEAVENn:

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Lol. Sorry don't mean to scare you.. 

They said they are hoping my cyst is a dermoid cyst that is best case scenario... The cyst is huge though so they are pretty sure the ovary will have to go as well. Which I am fine with. 

Quoting nervousmommytob: Ovary?!?? I asked my Dr worstcase scenrio and that was not one of them!!! Granted I have major anxiety over health stuff so maybe that is why she left it out lol... I hope all goes well for you!
Quoting iHEAVENn:

Quoting nervousmommytob: Oh wow that sounds terrible! I hope it does not cause you too much discomfort. Well I guess its possible at all times then. Yikes gives me no hope lol as I am planning to go off the pill in two months to TTC
Quoting iHEAVENn:

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN