Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Needles

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:56 PM
  • 9 Replies
I still have a lot of unused needles from when i was pregnant and had to do my blood thinner injections....

Anyone know what im to do with them???
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I would call around to see if anywhere accepts unopened needles for low income or shelters.  You may have to pay to get them incinerated despite not being used.

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I just dont want to throw them away incase people get in my trash (ive not heard of it happening around here) but ya never know.

And the pharmacy is no help, they werent even gonna tell me brookes meds were ready to pick up today

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would call around to see if anywhere accepts unopened needles for low income or shelters.  You may have to pay to get them incinerated despite not being used.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Is there only one pharmacy in your town or area?   We take my guys used needles to a local pharmacy (not a chain) that is located in a grocery store whereas walgreens would not take them.   I would not throw them away either in regular garbage.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I just dont want to throw them away incase people get in my trash (ive not heard of it happening around here) but ya never know. And the pharmacy is no help, they werent even gonna tell me brookes meds were ready to pick up today
Quoting frndlyfn:

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I have a rite aid a cvs a middletown pharmacy thats also a gift shop, and a pharmacy in the grocery store

Quoting frndlyfn:

Is there only one pharmacy in your town or area?   We take my guys used needles to a local pharmacy (not a chain) that is located in a grocery store whereas walgreens would not take them.   I would not throw them away either in regular garbage.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I just dont want to throw them away incase people get in my trash (ive not heard of it happening around here) but ya never know.

And the pharmacy is no help, they werent even gonna tell me brookes meds were ready to pick up today

Quoting frndlyfn:

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM
And these are unused.

Still sealed up in the packaging

Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I just dont want to throw them away incase people get in my trash (ive not heard of it happening around here) but ya never know.

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I think those may be able to be donated but no clue where.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: And these are unused. Still sealed up in the packaging
Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I just dont want to throw them away incase people get in my trash (ive not heard of it happening around here) but ya never know. And the pharmacy is no help, they werent even gonna tell me brookes meds were ready to pick up today
Quoting frndlyfn:

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:07 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_5824822_donate-syringes.html#page=0

Here are some places to look in to as they sometimes accept unused needles.

directrelief.org/uploadedFiles/BDDiabetesProductDonationSites

medshare.org/services/medical-product-donations/form

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:09 PM
Thanks

Quoting Junebaby18: http://www.ehow.com/how_5824822_donate-syringes.html#page=0

Here are some places to look in to as they sometimes accept unused needles.

directrelief.org/uploadedFiles/BDDiabetesProductDonationSites

medshare.org/services/medical-product-donations/form

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Contact your hospital. Many hospitals donate unopened supplies to third world countries where standards are not as high and strict as it is here.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN